Topic: a real database for demo

Can anyone share a real database for demo where many most of features of the front accounting is used?

This way it helps in understanding the functionalities better

Re: a real database for demo

xampp, you can run it portable (protableapps.com)  then you can demo all the things you that can not try on the demo site...

AM smile

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

I guess Sheshagirig would like more xhaustive example data set than that included in en_US-demo.sql. I agree it would be useful as the demo set does not cover all FA features.
Janusz

4 (edited by sheshagirig 04/17/2010 04:28:28 am)

Dear Alvin, Itronics,

Thanks for quick response. I must say, after evaluating lot of opensource erp, including the openbravo and compeier, i found front accounting more intuitive and really easy to set up and go.

In my opnion one exhastive set up demo even if with no edit option, can help user understand how it works (how to dos )without exhaustive documentation. If some one who already has set it up and running can share the transactions without the name mentioning and some tweaking to guise the identity..it can help the front-account big time!

I am actually planning to use the fron account in my company, and i do not mind paying for some customiation that i would require..especially in permission..setting etc

e.g.
in inventory, i want the person should be able to close the date and once closed the data should not be editable by the person who enters the stock data.

please help.

But i must admit its really a neat , great job. It will be very big one-day!!

regards

Thanks for nice words.

sheshagirig wrote:

in inventory, i want the person should be able to close the date and once closed the data should not be editable by the person who enters the stock data.

Current permissions structure does not allow such configuration. You would need customizations in the php code. If you know php you can do it yourself, otherwise you will have to pay some programmer to have this implemented.

Janusz

Thanks for the advice, I will hire the programming service..

Can anyone share a real database for demo where many most of features of the front accounting is used?
Can anyone know where can I get sql script to create real demo database?
Thanks,

Hi FA guru,
Is there any existing test plan or test execution for FrontAccounting?
Thanks,
Mau

When you install FA it gives you option to install it with Demo Data. Try that.

www.boxygen.pk

Thank you for your response. Yes, I did import data from sql/en_US-demo.sql script.
I don't know if there is a procedure or practical document helping the user to build FA ERP in practice, like test plan or test execution to make sure it's applicable for the existing business.

We have minimal wiki here. Other that.  There is no helping document for it. There are some guides and manuals created by several community members. You can google and get it. And also you can refer youtube videos to understand certain areas.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes