Topic: Email Invoice heading 2.4.11

When you email a recurring invoice or new invoice created it shows in the email heading the following:

Invoice 0 from Mycompany

In the content it reads:

Dear,

Attached you will find  Invoice 0 from MyCompany.

Before the upgrade, it displayed the actual invoice number. After the up[grade the above is displayed.

Wynand

Re: Email Invoice heading 2.4.11

What did you upgrade and check if there are any sys_prefs or config.php variables that were missed out.

Hi Apmuthu

I just upgraded to the new version from the previous version. In the previous version, it would add the Invoice number. After the upgrade, it no longer adds the Invoice number just puts a zero.

It is not just recurring but all invoices, even the new direct invoices that now have "Invoice 0" (this should be the invoice number for example IN0012354) )  from "My Company Name" (which is correct).

Why is it now not picking up the invoice number in the email heading and the email body?

The Invoice number on the PDF attachment is correct. The email also does not enter the client name it just states "Dear," (No client name). Previously it would read "Dear Wynand,"

Wynand

It appears that you have upgraded from FA v2.3.x to 2.4.x and in the latter, the reference number template has been expanded and does not follow the defaults of the older version.
As the Invoice number cannot be looked up or there is some hiccup in the debtors_master.

It appears that you have upgraded from FA v2.3.x to 2.4.x and in the latter, the reference number template has been expanded and does not follow the defaults of the older version.
As the Invoice number cannot be looked up or there is some hiccup in the debtors_master.

No, I have upgraded from 2.4.09. 

What is the new format?

My format is what it normally was as indicated above IN0012354. What must change to resolve this?

Wynand

7 (edited by seahawk 05/20/2022 02:35:23 pm)

I have checked now on a new installation of 2.4.11 and the problem with the Invoicing is still the same.

The Quotation now problem, the order, no problem, the delivery note, no problem. The problem is only on the Invoice?

The Invoice number displays correctly in the browser when you have completed the transaction and the email confirmation that the email was sent.

In the email header received by the client and the copy to admin, it shows Invoice 0 (instead of the invoice number). This must b a problem with $subject since the problem does not occur with Quotation nor, delivery or orders only with Invoice.

Please advise what to check?

Wynand

@joe?

I am out of office. Will check this when I am back on Thursday. In the mean time you could help me and tell where to change it.

Joe

Hi,

I think this is the same problem that was solved :

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=9768

Kind regards,
F.

Yes, this was fixed on Apr 18. Thanks @advocaat.

Joe

Thank @advocate. This topic was started before the other one and there was no response. So I did not search for others.

Thanks, Joe. It seems that it is solving the problem.

Wynand