Topic: How to process Fixed Assets multiple quantity ?

Suppose if i buy 20 laptops or computers in a same brand and same config. How do i add it in fixed assets?

each time should i need to create separate fixed asset and do the purchase and make the depreciation?

How about buying of 50 computers. or 100 Computers. ?

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Re: How to process Fixed Assets multiple quantity ?

Yes i believe the quantity is locked on the Fixed asset purchase form so that depreciation can be calculated separately for each item. Another thing i faced in Fixed Asset is how to add opening balances of accumulated depreciation?. Say from the starting date of the software you have a Vehicle which has a historical cost of 1000,000 and accumulated depreciation of 200,000 making the WDV @ 800,000.
I hope these two will be added in core FA in the future, but meanwhile i did a way around by amending following
1. Used the Inventory adjustment form for adding FA Items, allowed FA items by removing mb_flag F restriction, (or alternatively create a new form for FA adjustment and linked in the FA module.)
2. Gave an accumulated depreciation box in the IA cart for storing the opening values (and did the GL linking accordingly)

i feel, we can allow quantity as well as perform the depreciation based on per unit. so we can calculate the depreciation for one item and multiply with quantity.

and also for your existing fixed assets. we need to make the purchase invoice in its appropriate date. after that you can input the depreciation start date in that date. and than you can process depreciation from the date of purchase to till. in a journal entry. Hope that will help you to perform the material cost updated and cost variance also updated. later you can process the future value,

for future value also we need cron based automatic depreciation. so that we can avoid missing of making depreciation in time.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Yes cron based automatic depreciation is a good idea.

If some items of the same asset type are scrapped or sold, the bulk entry would fail.

you are right. but we can do this partially and run the remaining stocks depreciation after sales.

is it not ok. ?

HRM CRM POS batch Themes