1 (edited by shaendra 11/30/2009 04:32:06 pm)

Topic: Import CSV Customer file - Setup tab missing Import/Update Modules

Instructions for the "Import CSV" module indicate after downloading the file I should: "Install via FrontAccounting, Setup tab, Maintenance section, right pane,Install/Update Modules."

Well, that pane of my file doesn't have anything called "Install/Update Modules." It's got Install/Update Languages and Install/Activate Extensions. I am running version 2.2 which I downloaded from Sourceforge yesterday, so I assume that's the most current version.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Re: Import CSV Customer file - Setup tab missing Import/Update Modules

I am not sure if these modules are up to date. It says that there is a new release for 2.1, but. You may try and if it doesn't work, you can uninstall it again.
You are right. In 2.2 the menu is Install/Activate Extensions. You use this for installing.

/Joe

Hello,

I am also trying to install the Import of CSV customer file extension on version 2.2, but can't get the security settings/access levels right (or possibly even something else that I'm not aware of).

I've added the acc_levels.php file to the original module with different versions of
$security_areas['SA_CSVCUSTOMERIMPORT'] = array(SS_SALES|some_number_here, _("Import of CSV customer files"));
and also tried setting the $page_security = SA_CSVCUSTOMERIMPORT;
in import_customers.php. In the last case, I get

"Undefined index: SA_CSVCUSTOMERIMPORT in file: /var/www/beta/finance/includes/current_user.inc at line 140"

and without setting $page_security, I get

Undefined offset: 11 in file: /var/www/beta/finance/includes/current_user.inc at line 140

Both also say "The security settings on your account do not permit you to access this function".

Can you help me? - Thanks.

There are different versions for various FA releases. Please download and install those designed for 2.2. It should require no manual intervention.

Janusz