1 (edited by advocaat.pollet 04/26/2022 07:14:39 pm)

Topic: reports 101, 102, 108, 115 and PREpayments

Hi,

Allocated PREpayments are in SQL-selections of reports 101, 102, 108 and 115, but the (partial) prepaid prepayment-ORDER is NOT.

This gives wrong balances and 'wrong' total credit-amounts in these reports (more credit than debit).

I think its better not to have allocated PREpayments in these SQL-selections, but if they are, the prepayment-ORDER should be there too.

F.

Re: reports 101, 102, 108, 115 and PREpayments

I am investigating.

Joe

Sales order is never included in Customer Balances and other reports, as orders are not part of a balance.
What is included in customer balances is Sales invoice, namely 'Prepayment invoice' issued against customer prepayment. When you have registered customer payment allocated to (prepayment) Sales order, please use 'Invoice Prepaid Orders' option in Sales menu to generate prepayment invoice.

But still, at least 'Customer Balances' report needs a bugfix, due to invalid value displayed in 'Charges' column for prepayment invoices. This will be fixed asap.
J.

Of course, but what if de prepayment-order is only partialy paid ?  Only when de prepayment-order is fully paid, i will make the delivery and the salesinvoice ...

I agree that prepayment-orders should not be there in balances, but allocated prepayments against prepayment-orders should not be there too (and now they are, resulting in wrong balances).

F.

Ok, i understand, for every (partial) payment it is possible to make a (partial) salesinvoice.

But that leeds me to another problem : payments are not viewed in /sales/inquiry/sales_orders_view.php?PrepaidOrders=Yes

So, you can't see witch rows have (partial) payments ...  ALL prepayment-orders are presented, even when no payment(s) are booked ...

How can you know witch rows have to be invoiced ?

F.

AND in every case (reports 101, 102, 108 and 115), when an invoice is made against the partial prepayment, not the amount of the invoice, but the amount of the whole order gets debeted in the balance !
This is very wrong !

F.

Wrong 'Charges' also in /sales/inquiry/customer_inquiry.php? (Heading)

F.

advocaat.pollet wrote:

So, you can't see witch rows have (partial) payments ...  ALL prepayment-orders are presented, even when no payment(s) are booked ...
How can you know witch rows have to be invoiced ?

In 'Invoice Prepaid Orders' fully invoiced orders do not have link for invoicing. You can consider such an order as closed/ fully processed.
On the other hand all not fully processed orders have link to invoicing, and this is ok, because two cases are supported here:
. when you have any customer payments allocated to prepayment order, but not yet invoiced - you can issue prepayment invoice for this payment;
. if you have no customer payment allocated to this order, you can still issue final invoice, changing payment terms for still unpaid part of order, changing payment terms to e.g. delayed payment.
Those two situations are clear when you click on invoicing link: the final invoice have empty 'Payments received' info field (see also invoicing page title which mention both Prepayment and Final invoices).

advocaat.pollet wrote:

AND in every case (reports 101, 102, 108 and 115), when an invoice is made against the partial prepayment, not the amount of the invoice, but the amount of the whole order gets debeted in the balance !
This is very wrong !

Yes, I have confirmed this bug in comment above - to be fixed asap.

advocaat.pollet wrote:

Wrong 'Charges' also in /sales/inquiry/customer_inquiry.php? (Heading)

Agree, also to be fixed somehow (e.g Debit column).
J.

Hi Itronics,

In 'Invoice Prepaid Orders' fully invoiced orders do not have link for invoicing. You can consider such an order as closed/ fully processed.
On the other hand all not fully processed orders have link to invoicing, and this is ok, because two cases are supported here:
. when you have any customer payments allocated to prepayment order, but not yet invoiced - you can issue prepayment invoice for this payment;
. if you have no customer payment allocated to this order, you can still issue final invoice, changing payment terms for still unpaid part of order, changing payment terms to e.g. delayed payment.
Those two situations are clear when you click on invoicing link: the final invoice have empty 'Payments received' info field (see also invoicing page title which mention both Prepayment and Final invoices).

This is exactly what i meant.  You have to click the invoicelink/icon to see if a prepayment is made.  If you have a lot of prepayment-orders, that's alot of clicking just to see if a prepayment is made ...

Is it possible to see the prepayments in the rows before clicking the invoicelink/icon ?

Kind regards,
F.

Yes, I think so, if this would make prepayments handling easier, why not.
We can add  another column  on Invoice Prepaid Orders page, displaying customer payments allocated but not invoiced yet (ie content displayed later on Final/Prepayment Invoice form field).

J.

That would be great ! Thanks for the efforts !

F.

Discussed fixes have been pushed to source repo here and here.

Thank you very much for pointing the problem out
J.

13 (edited by advocaat.pollet 04/30/2022 07:24:40 am)

Hi J.,

I made the changes on my installation.  This is what I experience :

rep102 : prepaymentorder = 850, payment = 250, invoice = 250 => 600 (850-250) in Grand Total

rep115 : also 600 (850-250) in balance (same customer)

rep108 : if option 'show alloc' is on, also 600 (850-250) in totals due (same customer)

Screenshots :

https://cloud.fiftyonetielt.be/index.php/s/Agnmt3Arm59Y2JW

The extra column on Invoice Prepaid Orders page, 'displaying customer payments allocated but not invoiced yet', works very well !

Thanks,
F.

I'm not sure  I understand, let's focus on rep101.
Prepayment order should not be included in this report, only lines for sales invoice (250) and customer payment (250). So, if you have any sum in grand total (600) this should be equal to beginning balance for this customer.
Grand Total is sum over all GL history, including opening balance for selected customer.
Is this the case?
J.

rep101 is ok, rep102, 108, 115 are not.

Grand Total is sum over all GL history, including opening balance for selected customer.
Is this the case?

Grand Total in 102 (see screenshots) is the GL history + (Amount of Prepayment-ORDER (850) - Invoiced prepayment (250))

F.

Right, additional fixes has been added. Hope totals works properly now.
Thanks.
J.

Leads to new problems - new screenshots added 'after_new_corrections_' in https://cloud.fiftyonetielt.be/index.php/s/Agnmt3Arm59Y2JW

F.

Hi Itronics

Added some more screenshots in link https://cloud.fiftyonetielt.be/index.php/s/Agnmt3Arm59Y2JW

Rep101 gives correct values and totals.

How can I give you some more help to debug this ?

F.

Hi,
Yes, I can confirm there are further changes needed to fix all the issues. This will take me some time, I need to rewrite rep115 code, which is highly unreadable. When I'm ready, I will push the changes to repo,  and will send notice here with test request, or just contact you by pm.
J.

Further fixes to this issue are in FA repo.

J.

Hi Itronics,

You can find new screenshots in : https://cloud.fiftyonetielt.be/index.php/s/Gy8ZQ8Kr47rnozE

Rep101 is OK
Rep102 without allocations is OK
Rep102 with allocations is not OK
Rep108 without allocations is not OK : the amount of the prepayment invoice = the amount of the prepayment order (850), but there is only a prepayment-invoice of 250 = partial payment. But totals are correct.
Rep108 with allocations is not OK : idem + Totals are not correct.
Rep115 is OK

Kind regards,
F.

Post's attachments

Corrections_3.zip 457.3 kb, 3 downloads since 2022-05-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

22 (edited by advocaat.pollet 06/02/2022 08:54:20 am)

Dear Itronics,

May I bring this bug back to your attention ?

Especially report 108 is of interest (statements).

However, not only reports are affected by this bug, but also Dashboard Sales and Customer_Inquiry.  Also not only prepayments are affected (also totals and aging, in general).

Thanks !

F.

After additional patch bugs seems to be finally fixed.
Thanks for cooperation on fixing the problems.
J.