Re: Cannot download repo index file

mandeepmavi wrote:

Godaddy is asking where is frontaccounting.eu hosting

whois is reporting the domain is in Poland.
I think @joe or @janusz might be able to shed some info on this if they see possible.

spent couple hours with Godday, They can not control applications. and asking to post in Forms to fix it. They are unable to reach repo.frontaccounting.eu

spent couple hours with Godday, They can not control applications. and asking to post in Forms to fix it. They are unable to reach repo.frontaccounting.eu

OpenSSL is enbled in my case

29 (edited by rafat 04/15/2022 02:33:25 pm)

@joe and @itronics
Just to rule out Godaddy I installed FA in another service provider (AWARDSPACE.com). Unfortunately I received the same error.
Cannot download repo index file.
So there might be something that went wrong with repo.frontaccounting.eu. Can someone please take a look at that.

I have created a minor repository at repo.notrinos.com
Someone who facing the same problem can temporary switch to repo.notrinos.com
Do the following:

- Open version.php then at line 23 replace repo.frontaccounting.eu with repo.notrinos.com
- Replace FA.pem with the attached herewith or Open FA.pem then replace it's content with the below:

-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA71QcW3pUnzkE31fCH0hN
+3to2pi3ILfshzLYTl2O1HDb5YjFEG4KbwlXfc533F7WMeyWg/wBPldV1ti05/uf
5wMnqrzeZG5Br/XjSDvoYS0Be7ktya9m4OWeG0SVjGKjxkqqPJZR1U1wk5cGu4QS
8MTpTf14WhP1mGGMgSH2V5W8mlr3qf4nZ6gZ7eqdY+HOwScbL/myagoWaLnrNsar
D52Ysg4O1YOM46NLu/EmpLOKPWT/77MMU2aw793wSxltJksf9gUa2JaZq0bd/oP1
3hxiBRGj4mGALON8rpY1ULAjtH1VJmL2tgH5lmW5ubTO+GolHd5D4QE6LKOHfI20
IQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----

Remember backup the two above files for later use when you want to go back with the original repo.

Post's attachments

FA.pem 450 b, 5 downloads since 2022-04-15 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
Phuong

31 (edited by rafat 04/15/2022 05:16:10 pm)

@notrinos
repo.notrinos.com does not respond to ping from anywhere as we speak. Is it on purpose?

Hi all,

I have just tried the solution by @notrinos and this worked perfectly.

rafat wrote:

@notrinos
repo.notrinos.com does not respond to ping from anywhere as we speak. Is it on purpose?

@rafat
repo.notrinos.com is behind a reverse proxy server so it may the cause of this
I did not intend to do that.

Phuong

@notrinos
Your repo is working fine from Godaddy. Thanks.

Its working on Godaddy,

If I ask can we download repo files and save them in a folder for reqired install.

I am getting "Cannot download repo index file." for setting up languages, extensions, themes and chart of accounts.  These functions worked before upgrading to 2.4.11.  I guess pointing to notrinos.com is a temporary fix, so I haven't tried it yet.  Is there an effort to address this issue by FrontAccounting developers?

Do we have fix for 'Cannot download repo index file'

Is there any fixed solution found for - Cannot download repo index file. Godaddy still at same issue

I am getting the "Cannot download repo index file." on Bluehost/Hostmonster.  I have not been able to solve it.

Mappolon its a problem from a while.

Softoliciuos install

still not working
and the site can't be reached

42 (edited by MacKenzie 01/28/2023 04:58:54 pm)

The HRM module still does not work properly.  It still can not even "add" an employee.  Without the ability to "add" an employee, the module has no utility whatsoever.  I've seen complaints concerning this for months.  Many many "would be" users have voiced similar criticisms.   Thanks.

notrinos wrote:

I have created a minor repository at repo.notrinos.com
Someone who facing the same problem can temporary switch to repo.notrinos.com
Do the following:

- Open version.php then at line 23 replace repo.frontaccounting.eu with repo.notrinos.com
- Replace FA.pem with the attached herewith or Open FA.pem then replace it's content with the below:

-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA71QcW3pUnzkE31fCH0hN
+3to2pi3ILfshzLYTl2O1HDb5YjFEG4KbwlXfc533F7WMeyWg/wBPldV1ti05/uf
5wMnqrzeZG5Br/XjSDvoYS0Be7ktya9m4OWeG0SVjGKjxkqqPJZR1U1wk5cGu4QS
8MTpTf14WhP1mGGMgSH2V5W8mlr3qf4nZ6gZ7eqdY+HOwScbL/myagoWaLnrNsar
D52Ysg4O1YOM46NLu/EmpLOKPWT/77MMU2aw793wSxltJksf9gUa2JaZq0bd/oP1
3hxiBRGj4mGALON8rpY1ULAjtH1VJmL2tgH5lmW5ubTO+GolHd5D4QE6LKOHfI20
IQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----

Remember backup the two above files for later use when you want to go back with the original repo.

43 (edited by MacKenzie 02/02/2023 11:47:43 pm)

Thanks for the reply.

Ok. To check the claims reported here I just have installed latest FA version from scratch on Linux box with preinstalled MySQL and Apache2 (I do not use windows nor iOS, so can't check it in those environments).
. downloaded current 2.4.14 tarball from our official site on SourceForge;
. unpacked sources in www server root subdirectory;
. created empty test database and dedicated db user  on MySQL server;
. opened main page of installation in browser;
. checked/fixed all the preliminary conditions listed on main installer page;
. performed step by step installation in installation wizard passing credentials to created database.

All works as expected. After that I have tested repo access installing FrontHrm module as example. Again, module has been installed properly and all installed and works as expected.  Now, I'm not sure how can I help. So, maybe some generic advices...

. If you are installing FA via some third party installer eg from cpanel or whatever - please, don't. Try again installing the application from the current tarball  available on Sourceforge (2.4.18 as of today), then check if it works properly. If you cannot ommit third party installer - please send claims to your server maintainer or installer authors.
.  Default repo settings works properly from the box. If you do have problems with installation of extension modules - this is most likely related to bad pemissions on  ./company, ./tmp, ./modules or main installation folder.
. Regarding problems with FrontHrm module, I have updated repo content to the last version available on Nostrinos github page.
Please install module via 'Install/activate Extensions' page, set access to the module on 'Access setup' page, then log out and log in again.
The module works as expected. Please send any bugfixes or feature request related to this module stright to Nostrinos via his github bugtracker. We do not maintain the module (beyond FA repo integration), so all thanks and/or claims please send to the author.

J.

i dont know what happened but after the upgrade too 2.4.14 on cpanel i can login but some pages are not loading, i clicked on gl accounts and it is not loading

Check PHP version

47 (edited by MacKenzie 01/28/2023 04:55:18 pm)

OK, went through the install again.  I'm doing this on a local host running POP OS, a linux distro I really like.  After the install I got something that said you must change session.inc to say secure = to false, so I figured what the heck, I'm only running this locally so I did it.  I'm not sure this affected the outcome, but I'm very happy to say that the HRM module worked!  I'm able to add employees and update them as well.  I may try this again in a different environment, but at least it's working fine now.  Thank you J. for your input.  I'm a local (read one man shop) CPA here in the States, and I hope to continue to use this product and offer any suggestions that I think might be helpful.  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

itronics wrote:

. Regarding problems with FrontHrm module, I have updated repo content to the last version available on Nostrinos github page.
Please install module via 'Install/activate Extensions' page, set access to the module on 'Access setup' page, then log out and log in again.
The module works as expected. Please send any bugfixes or feature request related to this module stright to Nostrinos via his github bugtracker. We do not maintain the module (beyond FA repo integration), so all thanks and/or claims please send to the author.

J.

48 (edited by MacKenzie 02/13/2023 07:00:39 pm)

How can we set up a new company and have it default to 2022 or 2023?  FA defaults to 2017.

Post's attachments

defaultFY_setup021223.png 24.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I'm happy all works right.

Default fiscal year you can change at Company Setup page. Before that you should define all fiscal years you want to use at Fiscal Years. Keep in find, you can only post GL transactions in open years, so do not close year until you are ready with all the postings.

J.

50 (edited by MacKenzie 01/30/2023 08:23:08 pm)

Well, you can change the default fiscal year, but it won't allow you to just set up a new year in 2022 I think. Seems you have to delete the intervening years first (open and then close).   Also, just a note on 'fresh installations' using Educational data.  I installed it, and ran a Trial Balance (for 2017 of course ;-), and first thing I noticed was it was out of balance (he Opening Balance is not in balance, probably due to a non closed Previous Fiscalyear.) by exactly $36.89.  ALL I did was install, and run the TB.  So there's a bug in this.  I'm going to post in the "bugs" section of the forum as well.  You guys are probably getting sick of seeing MacKenzie on all the posts, but I'm trying to get this all set up properly and identify any obvious failures up front.  Thx.