Topic: Bank account transfers don't have dimensions

Hi,

Don't know if this is realy a bug, but 'Bank account transfers' should have dimensions.

Now, as 'Bank account transfers' have no dimensions, al selections on dimensions in reports/balances  gives wrong values on Banking GL accounts.

F.

Re: Bank account transfers don't have dimensions

I understand. The dimension should not be booked on the bank transaction but on the underlying gl balance account. There should be an option to select a dimension. Or 2 dimensions should there be 2.

In the mean time, I guess you can use the Journal Entry.

I will have a look at this later.

Joe

I have been analysing these bank transactions. It seems to be a lot of background transactions into the bank trans from both sales, purchasing, production and so on.
At first it looked easy to implement, but even if the bank_transfer table is prepared with dimensions, all the other traffic will be an update in many places.
I wil need a lot more time for doing this.
But please, in the meantime, use the Journal Entry for those transactions. It should work for you.

/Joe

Ofcourse Joe I use Journal Entries (and Quick Entries) for bankaccounttransfers now.

In the meantime, a warning should be made in place for other users using dimensions NOT to use the 'Bank account transfers'-link for booking banktransfers as this results in bad values on Banking GL accounts if selections are made on dimensions in reports/balances.

Thanks for your efforts !

F.

Hello again. I was quite tired when I did the analysis of the Bank Transfer. It turns out that only 2 files had to be fixed for this. This has now been done and committed to stable repo.

The fixed files, /gl/bank_transfer.php and /gl/includes/db/gl_db_banking.inc can be downloaded here and here.

Please download the files and replace on your server.

@advocaat.pollet
Please test this and report back.

/Joe

Tested and seems to be solved !

Thanks Joe,

F.