Topic: error on install

here is a partial section of the error i am getting.

Warning: include_once(../gl/includes/db/gl_db_trans.inc) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in //gl/includes/gl_db.inc on line 14

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../gl/includes/db/gl_db_trans.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in //gl/includes/gl_db.inc on line 14

Warning: include_once(../gl/includes/db/gl_db_bank_trans.inc) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in //gl/includes/gl_db.inc on line 15

i have deleted the directory info in these examples.

Re: error on install

Is this a fresh installed? Details of your FA installation will help in reviewing your problems.
Are you running the latest FA?

Help others to help yourself as no one knows it all

yes it was a fresh install. when i installed on a linux server i checked the chmod777 box, because the company dir was unwritable. i think most of my problems are coming from this.
i changed permissions from my panel on my host and got 777 to work on the company dir.
i am beginning to think i have missed something.

The chmode set during installation have nothing to do with the errors reported. To help find the source of problem, we have to know at least where and when  the messages are displayed.

Janusz

i am getting the error when trying to access the payments, and the deposits link in the general ledger section. the items link displays a blank page also.  it seems to be in reference to the /gl/includes/db/gl_db_trans.inc  and related tables in both.

thank you so much for your help. sorry if i am making this difficult.

I cannot reproduce the problem. Please check whether you have installed the file under consideration or not. It should be, but maybe was accidentally removed during installation.
Janusz

Thank you so much for all your help. You were right on about the files missing. When i ftp'd the files some directories were dropped. have restored the missing files and working like a dream.