Topic: Are we sure the Contact delete works properly

Hello Joe and Itronics,

I feel, when i delete customer, the entries removed from crm_contacts table. but not on crm_persons table. Which looks like some partial entry always found in the persons table. without connectivity. And also when i delete from Supplier, the same happens. Because both are connecting the same delete_entity_contact function.

Checkout and let me know if i am wrong in understanding of it. or any future connectivity with persons table working from different location, let me know.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Re: Are we sure the Contact delete works properly

Crm contacts deletion is implemented in contacts.db_delete method. As any person can be connected to more than one action, person cannot be deleted until all contacts are deleted. So the person is preserved until you delete all related contacts, and deleted with the last contact of this person in database.
J.

Above description is how it works in contact browsers, but the same is implemented in delete_entity_contacts(), which is used when deleting customer/supplier.
J.

When we delete customers and suppliers  it calls the delete entity contact. Which means the person is connected with that specific customer  or supplier.  But still it keeps the entry. Do we have any interface to reuse the person with new  contact connectivity.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

No, unfortunately we haven't separate person edit interface, which would be handy. But the person data (in crm_persons table) should be deleted automatically when all connections (records in crm_contacts) are deleted. But I have just tested and it is not.
This seems to be a bug, I will investigate it further.
J.

Ok, hopefully this is fixed now in master branch.
Thank you for reporting this problem.
J.

Good to hear that, it was an error in that  face.  Users should really needs to fix this  issue

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Suppliers and CRM Contacts fixed.