Topic: Adding customer issues

Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm new to AF and new to accounting. Actually an IT guy trying to help someone out.  I've done some poking around here and didn't find what I was looking for.  The https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki wasn't much help either.

Here's the problem:

When I add a new customer, then the branch I get no errors, but when I try to create a direct invoice and select the new customer I get the following message. 

The selected customer and branch are not valid, or the customer does not have any branches.

I've tried to mimic other customers in the Training Co. to no avail.   What am I doing wrong here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MPH

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Re: Adding customer issues

Sorry,

I got it.  I hand inadvertently deactivated the default inventory location.  Hard to ship to if you can't ship from. sad

Like I tell my wife,  I'm an idiot... but it's okay, I'm GOOD AT IT!!! big_smile

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

He,he, hardly found autocriticism smile.

Good luck with FrontAccounting.

Janusz

4 (edited by AMD 04/03/2012 03:38:48 pm)

can you please explain in details how you solved your issue.  cause i am having the same problem.
Inventory is active.

I'm not using a sample data but i am setting up a new company.

Thank you

The problem here was deleted default inventory location. I guess mph has recreated it.
Janusz

I got this error while creating new contact , my TB_PREF is 10_ and working fine with TB_PREF 0_, the combobox of Contact active for: is empty of You have to select at least one category.

https://ibb.co/0CGXK4k (Invalid Link)

7 (edited by rafat 11/23/2021 02:40:37 pm)

Does:

Setup->Contact Categories

Show anything?

If nothing is shown tick Show also inactive at the bottom left to see if the categories are inactivated.

Tell us what you see.

You might need to mention your working environment..i.e FA version and OS ..etc..

8 (edited by hassii 11/24/2021 06:04:25 am)

contact category in setup showing the list of categories
Category Type    Category Subtype    Short Name    Description        
customer    delivery    Deliveries    Delivery coordination       
customer    general    general    General contact data for customer       
customer    invoice    invoices    Invoice posting       
customer    order    order    Order confirmation       
cust_branch    delivery    delivery    Delivery coordination (overrides company setting)       

current version is 2.4.1
PHP Version 5.6.36
Apache/2.4.33 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2o PHP/5.6.36

error log showing this: [23-Nov-2021 19:33:12] 0:Ammar:simple_crud_class.inc:114: key() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given
when I commented this code in contacts_view.inc

//crm_category_types_list_row(_("Contact active for:"), 'assgn', @$this->data['contacts'],
        //    array('subclass' => @$this->subclass,
        //        'class' => @$this->class, 
        //        'multi' =>true)
        //        );

then it is saving the contact details in database but not showing on contacts

Sorry @hassii but I dont have a clue then. Not sure if someone else has faced this before ..but of course your FA version is too old.

Good luck..

Thank you for wishing me Good Luck, how can I migrate to latest version with all the data I have

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=8166
Lists the right steps.

One last thing before you venture into this. Are you 100% sure that Contacts Categories you listed above are active?

/rafat

Yes all categories are active no check mark on list of categories