1 (edited by ScriptBASIC 11/04/2021 08:48:11 am)

Topic: Tax Amount

How do I get the tax amount to display with the sub-total info and have the price shown before tax? In the US that is how Sales Orders and Invoices are expected to be presented. The only industry I know of that shows the price with tax included is the cannabis industry.

Perfect world would be to show the extended price and tax as a separate column. In the sub-total section total tax would be shown.

Re: Tax Amount

If you want to show the tax amount in line items as separate column. You can do it very well. Study a bit more on tax_calc.inc file. It gives you the line item price tax free rates and details. Also you can able to customize them to get it price and tax separately.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

3 (edited by ScriptBASIC 11/05/2021 08:32:48 am)

I wanted to make sure there wasn't an option to show tax separately before proceeding with a modification to the core code. I will more than likely offer the option of show tax or not.

What does the Put alternative Tax Include on Docs company setup option do?

@ScrriptBASIC

Under menu item Sales, there is a submenu called 'Sales Types'. There you can either change an existing or create a new one. You see a checkbox 'Tax included'. If this is unmarked, you will get the info you want on your documents.

In your case you simply unmark 'Tax included' for the Retail Sales Type. That's so simple, right?

Joe

5 (edited by ScriptBASIC 11/05/2021 11:20:58 am)

Joe,

That was the answer I was hoping for.

Thanks!

Question:

If the item is non-taxable why is the column title say price including tax?

I just tried to create a new sales order after changing Retail to not include tax and set the rate at 8.5%. No tax info on the sales order.

After entering a new item line the tax showed up in the sub-total area. Problem is it is 5% when I set in sales type maintenance 8.5%.

I figured out the tax rate issue.

Something is messed up in sales order entry. It doesn't start off with a clean order and after changing the info the sub-total is wrong as is the tax amount. I tried canceling the order and starting over but same problem.

It seems you have to add an item line you don't want or need for the order to produce correct amounts. The update button doesn't seem to help.

Is there any way to enter the sales order entry screen without it automatically picking the first customer and adding a line item you didn't chose?

The sales order screen should be consistent and work like other data entry screens. At the top you have the option of new or select from the drop down box. The form isn't pre-populated.

There might be some cache problem, when chaging this thing.

I would logout and login again to eliminate this.

The layout of the screen forms are based on a long time of experience.

I would also point out, that there is a context sensitive FAWiki help available by pressing the Help link.

Joe

7 (edited by ScriptBASIC 11/06/2021 03:08:51 am)

I'm going to modify Sales Order to work like I described. Prepopulating the form with random data is time consuming and doesn't follow the FA framework. I hope I have better luck with other transaction entry screens.

Please look at how Customer Maintenance is done as a guide to how Sales Order should work.

It seems all the transaction entry is done it this way selecting the first customer / vendor and  a random item out of inventory.

Having to add an unwanted item line to complete the line you just entered sucks.

I'm going to have a peek to see how much work it will be to correct this practice an have it work the way it should. I have worked with ERP systems for 35 years so I think I know what I'm talking about.

8 (edited by ScriptBASIC 11/25/2021 12:35:51 am)

I think the easiest 'fix' for me with transactions is to disable selecting the first customer / vendor in the table and populating the form with something I didn't select. I'm also not going to use a default inventory item for a customer. This prevents adding a sales order line with an item I didn't select.

I'm investigating enhancing lookups to be a popup dialog with search. I'll post something if I get it working.