1 (edited by techman 11/28/2009 04:52:55 pm)

Topic: 2.2 Upgrade Error In Direct Sales Invoice

I have searched the forum and found similar issues but none resolved my case.  I successfully upgraded my db to version 2.2 and every things appears to be working fine except sales order and direct invoicing.
An attempt to create sales order or Direct invoice always produce this error message :

The entered information is a duplicate. Please go back and enter different values.

I have increased the numbers in the form setup page and it doesn't help. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Probably  there is an error in the db. I will appreciate any input on how to resolve this issue.

note: :Upgraded from FA 2.1.7 to 2.2

Thanks to the FrontAccounting Team for this valuable erp. You guys are the best.

Help others to help yourself as no one knows it all

Re: 2.2 Upgrade Error In Direct Sales Invoice

I'm affraid I cannot reproduce the problem. Both demo sites and my local FA works just right. No idea were the problem can have a source. The message is displayed after push Place Order button?

Janusz
PS Thanks for nice words.

Thank you very much for your quick response. I actually was very excited that the installation went ok until I tried to create a sales order. When I clicked on Direct Invoice or Sales order Entry,  I am greeted with "Cannot retrieve exchange rate for currency as of 11/28/2009. Please add exchange rate manually on Exchange Rates page" because no default entry in the customer field but once any customer name is selected this message is gone.

The main problem is when all the required info is already entered in the invoice field and when click on placed invoice the duplicate entry error will pop up.

I am not sure what the problem is I have tried to reinstalled the system several times and it still came up with the same problem. I also tried to upgrade the db with the alter sql file within phpmyadmin and every things works except the same Direct invoice and sales order entry still pop up duplicate error.

I also tried to installed new fa 2.2 and manually upgrade the db but the error still pop and will not allow me to create sales invoice. If there another way for me to upgrade this db or my 2.1.7 to 2.2 please help.

I just made a little progress, when I set debug to 1, it let me enter sales or direct invoice but the new invoice created will be printed with an invoice previously created for a different customer. Say, I create direct invoice for customer A now, the new invoice for customer A will be printed on customer D invoice which was created several months ago. There is surely refrences mismatch case here. Anyone with Idea how how to solve this issue will be kindly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Often when problems sounds weird, it helps emptying the browsers internet cache. Empty everything and start up again.
And do not have 2 instances of FA running on the same computer.

/Joe

I have cleared the cache, restarted the server but none help.
I just tried a different hosting company, and the error remains the same.
I followed the updates guild-lines and I don't know what I am missing. Can someone post the upgrade from 2.1.7 to 2.2 process that works.
Please help me here as I really like the refinement in 2.2.
Thanks Joe and Itronics for your help so far.
Happy Holidays!

This have to be some problem related to your exact content of database, I think.
I will contact you directly by email and try help.

Janusz

Joe has directed me here from https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=944 it seems I have the same problem as techman...

Was this problem solved?

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

alvin wrote:

Joe has directed me here from https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=944 it seems I have the same problem as techman...

Was this problem solved?

AM

itronics, was kind enough to help me. He promised fix is on its way on the next release soon. So be patience for the next release.
I hope this helps.