Topic: Upgrade to 2.4.9 from 2.4.8

Good evening everyone.
I am trying to upgrade to the newer version by creating a new installation on a new server then restoring from a backup of the company taken off of my old server. My newer install has a new database and a new initial company which I backed up as soon as the installation completed. On the setup screen I am trying to use the upload button to upload that backup file but it won't. Is there a way to make that backup uploadable? Maybe if I made a new company with the old name and linked it to a new database with the same name as the old database?
I am contemplating creating a database with the same name as the database on my old server from the mysql prompt, creating a company from my FA welcome page with the same name as my original company linked to that database and then using mysql at the command prompt to restore the backup file to this database on my new server. Is this something that would work?
Thanks for any advice.
Kurt

Re: Upgrade to 2.4.9 from 2.4.8

Check your php.ini settings especially

post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

They should match your DB size or bigger.

https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index.php?n=Main.Installation

I am contemplating creating a database with the same name as the database on my old server from the mysql prompt, creating a company from my FA welcome page with the same name as my original company linked to that database and then using mysql at the command prompt to restore the backup file to this database on my new server. Is this something that would work?

Should also work.

I guess there is no db change in between these two versions. So simply replacing the program files here is enough to make it work.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

4 (edited by kurt 03/28/2021 11:26:09 am)

@rafat I will have a look at these values. Restoring the database from the prompt didn’t work. It takes a long time to return to the prompt but when I select * from 1_user I don’t see any of my logins there.

@kvvaradha I think you’re right except:
I’m being super cautious so I want to do the upgrade away from my production server first and I used MySQL 8 on the newer server because I thought MySQL 8 which allows multiple values on bind_address would be neat for security. I am almost certain that the production server is MySQL 5.7

I think that my initial error was using my company 0 to enter actual data. Any new installations I will reserve company 0 as setup or admin and immediately create another company for actual data entry.

Use a phpMyAdmin or SQLyog or any other MySQL client to get the job done on a GUI. Alternatively on a linux / windows commandline, do a restore of the sql.

6 (edited by kurt 03/05/2022 08:25:30 pm)

Almost a year later I did come back to this.
I did a mysqldump and copied that file for safekeeping.
Set up a brand new installation, then after setting up the first company did DROP DATABASE.
I set up my admin user with the same name and password as on the original company, and the first company's name was also the same, I am not sure if that is important.
Created a new database and did mysql newdatabase < old_database_backup.sql
Seems to have worked but I am having the session login issue that others seem to have with 2.4.11

Looks strange. Try from other few browsers as well.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hello, you can Use a phpMyAdmin or SQLyog or replacing the program files will help you.