Topic: Bank account balance is not the same in trial balance.

Why bank account balance is not the same in trial balance and bank account inquiry balance and who should be considered correct?
And what is the solution?

Re: Bank account balance is not the same in trial balance.

Reconcile it with your bank statement. And which will eventually help you to Sort out the issue in unnecessary entires.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

3 (edited by msuhail197 03/25/2021 03:01:52 am)

I thank you for wasting your precious time and answering me.
My problem is that the balance of the checking bank account and the balance of the same bank account in trial balance is not same both in FrontAccounting, how can I solve it?

Check if there are any un-reconciled entries in your bank account that is not there in your trial balance and vice-versa and pass necessary Journal entriess.

You took your precious time and replied to me, I am grateful to you. I see it and act on it۔

6 (edited by albertolima 05/07/2021 12:58:24 am)

Not sure if it is the same issue, but what I am seeing is that journal entries that have been entered using the dropdown currency converter are not taken into consideration when obtaining the balance in the bank account inquiry.

Scenario:
1-My main currency is XAF, and I have a foreign bank account in EUR
2-I enter a JOURNAL ENTRY into this foreign account, in my local currency XAF, selecting the currency from the dropdown combobox (we may now do it in FA). Then I go to Bank Inquiry to look for that journal entry, and it does_not show up.
3-I repeat the same operation, but I do select EUR directly from the JOURNAL ENTRY, and I enter the journal in EUR. In this situation, I may see the journal entry when I check in BANK INQUIRY.

This makes GENERAL LEDGER balance not match with BANK INQUIRY balance.

Is this an expected behavior? Is FA expecting all bank movements to be entered directly as Bank deposits/withdraws?

GL INQUIRY view
BANK INQUIRY view

The bank entry can be in bank currency. General ledgers always in a home currency, it will be applied with exchange rate and maintain in company currency one.

If the bank account is not home currency. The GL balance doesn't same with bank balance.  Hope that explains.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

8 (edited by albertolima 05/07/2021 01:27:23 am)

I still see a missed entry when I do BANK_INQUIRY
Journal Entry    110    086/2021    05/07/2021    10.00        -40.00        TEST-Journal entry in EUR

This is the same bank account from GENERAL LEDGER INQUIRY
Journal Entry    110    086/2021    05/07/2021             6,559.57        551,615.82    TEST-Journal entry in EUR
Journal Entry    111    087/2021    05/07/2021             6,560.00        558,175.82    TEST-Journal entry in XAF

Journal entry #111 is missing from Bank Account inquiry.
It was entered in XAF, and converted using the dropdown currency converter, but the data is not saved into the bank_trans database, therefore the gl account and the bank account balances do not match.

I believe the intention is to have them match both ways: if you enter it through banking, it must show on GL; if you enter the journal from GL, it should show on banking. Am I getting it wrong?

Looks like a strange issue.  I just tried to make one myself local version. Looks it create both entries ( gl_trans and bank trans) both tables.

1. Did you made any change in FA program..?

2. Check your error log and get us the error detail?.

3. If possible record a video from test company and show us ?

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

The bank account must be in foreign currency
Then create a journal entry onto that bank account related gl account, in local currency
Then, go to bank inquiry, and that journal entry is not there

I shall check with a different installation tonight and revert back with a video link if the issue is not a corrupted setup

@albertolima is correct.
I am able to reproduce the same scenario.. So there must be an explanation to this, or a fix if broken.
FA249 latest
linux Ubuntu 18
MySql 5.7.3
php 7.2.34

I have been able to reproduce the same situation on another installation of FA2.4.7 too.
I never run into this because on corporations, I never needed to have a foreign currency account. Until now.

I've tried to check the code, but I am not able to pinpoint it, probably need a longer session or more expertise.