Topic: Migrate contacts to new company in FA

I had to create a new company database from an old one due to some inconsistencies in the old database.  Everything stays the same - customers, suppliers, CoA, company info.

I need a simple way to transfer the customer and supplier contacts from the old company to the new one.  I have seen the "Manual Import of Customers" entry in the wiki page, but there seems to be no export option in FA, and I'm not too conversant with SQL.

Can I copy the relevant DB tables and rename the company ID?  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Re: Migrate contacts to new company in FA

Sort of copying relative tables is easy for you.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

All contacts for both suppliers and customers are recorded in two tables: crm_contacts and crm_person
If customers, suppliers data are the same in both company then copy the said two tables and modify table prefix will achieve your goal.

Phuong

notrinos wrote:

All contacts for both suppliers and customers are recorded in two tables: crm_contacts and crm_person
If customers, suppliers data are the same in both company then copy the said two tables and modify table prefix will achieve your goal.

@Phuong, thanks for the tips.  I copied the three CRM tables from the old company to the new, but the contacts don't show up when I open the new company in FA.  However, when I run a backup of the new company and select "view backup" I see the tables with the copied details.

What am I missing?  Is there another file or table that needs to be updated?

5 (edited by mawulitse 03/15/2021 02:04:32 am)

I was missing two tables, and found them based on this thread:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=7241

Below are the steps for anyone with basic knowledge like me.

1. Using phpMyAdmin or similar tool, identify the company prefixes. In this example I want to transfer the data from Company 0 to Company 1.

2. Using the RENAME feature under Operations, move the following tables to different names (delete might work but something could go wrong)
    1_crm_contacts     --> x1_crm_contacts
    1_crm_persons      --> x1_crm_persons
    1_cust_branch       --> x1_cust_branch
    1_debtors_master  --> x1_debtors_master
    1_suppliers            --> x1_suppliers   

3. Use the COPY feature under Operations to bring the data from the original company to the new company:
    0_crm_contacts     --> 1_crm_contacts
    0_crm_persons      --> 1_crm_persons 
    0_cust_branch       --> 1_cust_branch
    0_debtors_master  --> 1_debtors_master
    0_suppliers            --> 1_suppliers

That's it. Company 1 should now have all the contacts from Company 0.

I think that will work.  Personally, I would probably just mysql -u root - p, and insert the records in a new table.  :-)

mawulitse wrote:

I was missing two tables, and found them based on this thread:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=7241

Below are the steps for anyone with basic knowledge like me.

1. Using phpMyAdmin or similar tool, identify the company prefixes. In this example I want to transfer the data from Company 0 to Company 1.

2. Using the RENAME feature under Operations, move the following tables to different names (delete might work but something could go wrong)
    1_crm_contacts     --> x1_crm_contacts
    1_crm_persons      --> x1_crm_persons
    1_cust_branch       --> x1_cust_branch
    1_debtors_master  --> x1_debtors_master
    1_suppliers            --> x1_suppliers   

3. Use the COPY feature under Operations to bring the data from the original company to the new company:
    0_crm_contacts     --> 1_crm_contacts
    0_crm_persons      --> 1_crm_persons 
    0_cust_branch       --> 1_cust_branch
    0_debtors_master  --> 1_debtors_master
    0_suppliers            --> 1_suppliers

That's it. Company 1 should now have all the contacts from Company 0.