Topic: Can I keep a credit for my customer in the system?

Hello, guys.

For example one of my customers has an invoice of $1000 but he prefers to pay the extra amount and keep it in the system for future purchases.

When I register the invoice payment I enter a $3000 instead of $1000, does the system keeps the extra credit in the system and notify me when the customer purchases again that he has credit where I can still the payment from?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Re: Can I keep a credit for my customer in the system?

You might need to check the bank deposit option. It will help you to record more than one invoice payment and left to allocate it for future.  That will also show in customer credit balance. You can allocate the unallocated in later

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

said.omn wrote:

Hello, guys.

For example one of my customers has an invoice of $1000 but he prefers to pay the extra amount and keep it in the system for future purchases.

When I register the invoice payment I enter a $3000 instead of $1000, does the system keeps the extra credit in the system and notify me when the customer purchases again that he has credit where I can still the payment from?

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Yes, you can. Do normal Customer Payment. Add the $1000 amount next to invoice for the outstanding amount. The balance of the $2000 will be added to "Amount" and change the $1000 to $3000. The $1000 will then be allocated to the invoice and the balance will show as a credit.

On the issue of the next invoice for the customer: Go to Sales/Transactions/ Allocate Customer payment or Credit Notes and allocate the balance against the new invoice.

Trust this will help.

Then change

Wynand

Thank you for your reply.

Does the system notify me once I add a new invoice for the customer who has credit, or I have to remember that.

Not available such a feature now. But you can customize it to get it working..

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

I don't like self customization because it might cause an issue with future upgrades and in major upgrades, it might replace the file I customized, and then I have to do it again

you could log into the mantis bug tracker and add a feature request.  This would be a good thing, I often forget credits are available until after I have taken money from a customer.

Just check customer ledger balance / statement before asking for payment. If such information as account balance shows up in an invoice, then all payments made thereafter and in invoice printouts taken later would be different.