1 (edited by ccmacachor 02/03/2021 07:19:47 am)

Topic: Separate barcode per piece for similar items

Hello,

How can I generate multiple barcodes for similar items? A kit used for COVID testing stores sample from a patient. The kit needs to be traced to a patient. Although they are similar kits to start, they become unique to a patient once samples are collected. At the sample collection point, the personal details of the patient are stored in a database and a kit is assigned to that record, using barcode information that should be unique. At the processing laboratory, the samples are matched to the patient through the barcode information.

Any help will be appreciated.

Celito

2 (edited by detkenn 02/04/2021 08:21:00 am)

Re: Separate barcode per piece for similar items

Foreign Item Codes would be the feature to use here only if the foreign code gets saved in the db on transactional basis.
Maybe Admins should consider this modification since it can be applied in other areas too

Thank you detkenn. I got the idea.

Best regards.

Celito

Foreign Item Codes are used to map supplier item codes to FA Item codes so that the sales and purchase sides are mapped.

Sorry, I meant the idea used in Foreign Item Codes which is a secondary product code created from the primary StockID. This Product codes can be used to map product variances or cases as specified by @ccmacachor