1 (edited by dLoPRod 01/14/2021 10:16:01 pm)

Topic: Reset Admin Password

Hello,

I'm the admin for an FA installation, but I havn't logged in for a while and missplaced my password.

How can I reset the password, I'm locked out

Thanks in advance for all your help

Edit:

I have access to the server and database, the only password I lost is the web app password itself

Edit 2:
Figured out it is an md5 hash, just replaced the value in database for my new password's hash.
Thanks anyway!! Have a good day all!

Re: Reset Admin Password

I notice that there is an option to reset password which may be of use in the future if you want to use it. Go to the config.php file and find the line:

$allow_password_reset = false;

Change that to true and you will have the password reset option for you in future.

Re: Reset Admin Password

dLoPRod wrote:

Hello,

I'm the admin for an FA installation, but I havn't logged in for a while and missplaced my password.

How can I reset the password, I'm locked out

Thanks in advance for all your help

Edit:

I have access to the server and database, the only password I lost is the web app password itself

Edit 2:
Figured out it is an md5 hash, just replaced the value in database for my new password's hash.
Thanks anyway!! Have a good day all!

Good thing you have access to the database, you can visit this site

https://md5decrypt.net/en/

copy paste your password hash it will decrypt your password. or you could also copy another user's md5 hash and replace on your user password, login with that then change. Also the other user must change theirs to since you know it. cheers