1 (edited by islamsaeid3 12/17/2020 11:05:26 pm)

Topic: FA 2.4.9 Install error "errors.inc"

FA 2.4.9+
i have issue during installing
i'm using xampp-windows-x64-8.0.0-2
the error message shown as below :
"
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function user_company() in C:\xampp\htdocs\ERP\includes\errors.inc:86 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\ERP\install\isession.inc(87): error_handler(8192, 'Required parame...', 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 378) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\ERP\install\isession.inc(87): include_once() #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\ERP\install\index.php(18): include('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\ERP\includes\errors.inc on line 86

"
kindly support @apmuthu @joe

Re: FA 2.4.9 Install error "errors.inc"

See PM.
FA 2.4.x does not support PHP 8.0 that is in your version of XAMPP.

so, what's the best version of XAMPP which work with FA2.4.9 , Win10-64bit

Use XAMPP v1.8.2.5 (not 1.8.2.6) and enable openssl and some other extensions in the php.ini file.
Refer this post, incorporate the php.ini diff stated therein and read this wiki article.

thanks @apmuthu
i installed yor recomended XAMPP version
but i get this error

" System is blocked after source upgrade until database is updated on System/Software Upgrade page "

kindly be noted that i i uninstalled old XAMPP and re installed your recomended version
is this issue appeared as i was using FA2.4.8 then installed FA2.4.9 ?
if true how can i upgrade to 2.4.9 ?

Generally even if you uninstall XAMPP, better delete the XAMPP folder before installing any other XAMPP.

If it is a new install, delete the database and re-create it anew and delete the contents of the frontaccounting folder as well before unzipping the contents of FA 2.4.9 afresh and make sure you have the post release fixes as well from the 4th post in the release thread to overwrite their counterparts in the release.

If, however, you had data in FA v2.4.8 and upgraded by unzipping the FA 2.4.9 into it or used the change files set in the 3rd post in the release thread, then use the 4th post in the release thread to update to current state and you will be good to go.

Otherwise, if you upgraded from some earlier version prior to getting it into FA 2.4.8 itself, then you should follow instructions in each intervening release thread thereafter before doing the above.

All of this is also dependent on what extensions/languages/themes you additionally installed in each version and tweaks you incorporated each time. Furthermore, there are caveats on which chart of accounts you used for each company in the FA installation and during usage thereafter. Particularly, the order of fields and incorporation of missing settings in each config distribution sample that comes with each FA version that need to have equivalents in the current config.php file and the settings in the sys_prefs table as well in each database that FA companies use.

If it is for a serious production installation, and you are not sufficiently conversant with PHP/MySQL and the basics of webserver based application rollout, please seek professional assistance posting your needs and bounties in the job offers board. There are enough forum users in your country itself and / or those familiar with the local language and laws who are quite knowledgeable and willing to help.

The following are the top posters from your country:
@almohasb
@obahey
@abozeed
@AsimACC
@JavaMan
@AhmedSelim
@Mahmoud Ali

@apumthu
thank you , issue fixed by install xampp-windows-x64-7.3.25 for Win10 and re download FA 2.4.9 latest update
regards,

9 (edited by jbbulger 01/04/2021 05:35:23 am)

I had the same issue.

But I would like to know why such an old version of XAMPP is recommended.

Is there a different product you would recommend over XAMPP for use with FrontAccounting?

I'm working my way through the documentation linked in this thread and wonder whether I need all the pieces indicated.

I only intend to use this on my laptop. I don't intend to run it on a server or to access it over the web. Are there any components that would be made unnecessary under these conditions?

11 (edited by rafat 01/04/2021 10:20:38 am)

You can try WampServer
https://www.wampserver.com

It works for me.

The minimum pre-requisites are listed at https://frontaccounting.com/wbt/pages/download/installation-guide.php

It does not matter if you install FA  on a server on the web or locally on your laptop.. you still need the same components.

If it is to be used only on your laptop, then download PHP 5.6 alone and edit the php.ini as needed and run the builtin webserver that PHP has.