1 (edited by GRF 11/12/2009 12:58:08 am)

Topic: My Installation Errors

Hi there. I have decided to give this a go. I work in a Chartered Accountancy practice and can see potential benefits with this programme as opposed to its commercial competitors such as MYOB... anyways:

I could do with a hand installing. Note, I don't know a lot about SQL and PHP etc.

I have signed up for a free webhosting site. It has PHP and MYSql support.

I have created a MYSql database as part of my webhosting issue.

I have read the install html page

I have downloaded from Sourceforge the latest FA zip file and uploaded to my webhost server.

(1) I get the following error when the file is being uploaded and automatically decompressed by the webhost:

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: Rename/move failure: No such file or directory in /home/manager/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 2565

Seemingly all other files and directories decompress as planned. Is the above comment a problem with a particular file? What do I do about it?

(2) Then when progressing to the install page I see the following message:

Step 2
Please check the following files/folders are writeable before continuing...
config_db.php    Unwriteable   
modules/    Unwriteable               
lang/    Unwriteable   
Company data dirs (../company/*)    Unwriteable       

What do I do to make these files or directories "writeable" I can't see anywhere obvious to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated    thanks. Please note, As an accountant, I can see that If I can get this programme up and running then I may be able to contribute to its develop in certain ways.

Cheers

G

Re: My Installation Errors

chmod 777 lang
chmod 777 modules
chmod -R 777 company/*
chmod 777 config_db.php

Hello GRF,
I think you should ask a technical guy to help you with this first time upload and chmod'ing. This is always the tricky part for non-technichians.
If this is done correctly, it is almost like a snap to install FrontAccounting. I hope you will get many happy hours with FrontAccounting.

/Joe

Yes, despite the help you need to make directories writable you should anyway consult your webhosting tech support about the warning with ftp_put. This is definitely not related to FrontAccounting, but it is some problem in webhost ftp administration panel.

Janusz