Topic: Discount on Purchase Order, Receive, Supplier Invoice

Hello,

In the new version 2.1.4,  there is no calculation of discount on Purchase Order, Receive, Supplier Invoice. Why?
In the beginning I thought that in general a reduction of appropriate supplier, but did not. In our country is often happening that one Supplier Invoice has the items ordered by a price, and after Supplier approved a different discount.

Best regards,
Slax

Re: Discount on Purchase Order, Receive, Supplier Invoice

There are two options here. You can either change the prices when processing the supplier invoice or you can set a total prompt payment discount when you pay your supplier (amount + discount = total payment for allocation).

/Joe

Difference b/w supplier invoice and supplier credit notes

Credit note is issued when you e.g. return goods to supplier. Something like negative supplier invoice.

I think the developer should add a field for entering a total discount in sales (quotation/invoice) similar to the shipping field.
Also in Purchases the developer should add a field for shipping (like the one in sales.

I'm too confused why FA didn't have "discount" on the suppliers invoice / purchase order as in my country, All the invoices receive from our suppliers are mention in discount. It's very hard and not accurate when we need to take the unit cost divide by quantity as the decimal point sometime going very long (ie 6 or 7 decimal point) and at the end, the total inv are not tally anymore. Please share on this . Thanks

Hi,
I too found the lack of a discount troublesome.
The solution I found was to create a new Item called Discount and enter a negative price for it.
Everything worked fine this way.

Cheers
Carmelo

How about the unit cost for the item ? I scared the unit cost are no longer accurate.

ali002 wrote:
carmelr wrote:

Hi,
I too found the lack of a discount troublesome.
The solution I found was to create a new Item called Discount and enter a negative price for it.
Everything worked fine this way.

Cheers
Carmelo

How about the unit cost for the item ? I scared the unit cost are no longer accurate.

My solution was a discount on the total and not on a per item basis.
Carmelo

I think this is very crucial to have Line Item Discounts on Purchase Invoice. Any solution expected for this?

www.boxygen.pk

FA does not support discount on line items for purchases - it is there in sales invoices and reports.
An extension is currently needed to accommodate  purchase order discounts for line items.

Purchase Invoice discounts are entered when payment is made for the whole invoice unless you choose to pay per line item when what you need gets accommodated as amounts and not as % discount.

Dears,
I would like to have a negative price value on a Suppliers Direct Invoice. Is that possible? It is available on a Customer Direct Invoice. Is there a reason its available on one and not the other?