1 (edited by said.omn 10/11/2020 03:29:02 pm)

Topic: Controlling the sales price process needs enhancements.

In New Sales Quotation Entry and Direct Sales Invoice if the salesman changes the sales price of an item to a value below the cost of the item He/She gets a message for example " Price 3.000 is below Standard Cost 7.000".

The idea is good to prevent selling the items with less than acceptable price, but displaying the real item cost to the salesperson is wrong, in fact, I don't want my salesman to know my items costs as this is one of the business secrets.

The message can be edited to just say " Price 3.000 is below allowed sale price". on other hands, if we need to make it perfect, then we need to add a new field in the item's profile "Sales Pricing" after the field "Price" called "Minimum sale price". This will allow us to perfectly control the sales prices in the sales documents (quotation or invoice), the system should compare the price with the "Minimum sale price" not with the item cost.

Do you agree with my suggestion?

Re: Controlling the sales price process needs enhancements.

Fine indeed. This is so for those small businesses where the only owner wears all hats.
Change line 556 in sales/sales_order_entry.php:

display_warning(sprintf(_("Price %s is below Standard Cost %s"), $price, $std_cost));

to

display_warning(sprintf(_("Price %s is below Standard Cost"), $price));

Dear apmuthu

Thank you for your response, I am sure that the developers keen on improving Frontaccounting as a competitor in the market, indeed Frontaccounting is capable of that, I have used several accounting systems and I know how good Frontaccounting is.

I have already edited the code as you described with, thanks. but I feel that it can be better by adding a new field in the item's profile "Sales Pricing" after the field "Price" called "Minimum sale price". This will allow the administrator to perfectly control the sales prices in the sales documents (quotation or invoice), the system should compare the price if it's changed with the "Minimum sale price" not with the item cost. (by the way, this method is followed by Dolibarr ERP).

Hope you will consider adding this mod in future releases.

This can be done only in the FA v2.5.

@joe: see where to place this min price / expression of a field.

I thank you for your interest and take my point of view regarding this topic

In addition to the aforementioned, I also noticed that the percentage of the discount that the seller can give to the buyer for each product is not limited, as he can give the customer a 100% discount, which is not logical, and therefore the manager must be able to set the highest discount percentage that can be given for each item.

Again, this is a "feature" to provide for freebies and encash obsolete stocks as well. Buy a cat for a million and get the house free!

You are absolutely right, but its good to give the admin the choice to cap it or leave it uncapped.

@joe: any sys_prefs flag to prevent selling below cost?

We have a huge amount of sys_prefs fields already. Maybe a candidate . Will have a second thought. I am not sure if all of them have been wikied.

Joe

Dear Apmuthu

Is it possible for set "back date entry"  sameway?

Topic: Back Date Entry

Hello All

Greetings from me............

I am using FA with FY 2020, 01-01-2020 to 31-12-2020.

I started the entry from 31-05-2020, My previous entry was done by JL entry. Now I want to close all back date entries instead of the current date for Salesman and other users .

Please anyone suggest how close or active a back date entry is.

Thanks in advance

Please suggest me

Backdate entry sys_prefs variable can work in unexpected ways like when time zone is taken into account. Editing any field in an invoice is fraught with foreign key issues. Best is not to allow any edition at all and allow deletion and make fresh entry or make credit/debit note entries and supplementary invoices for any differences envisaged. Accounting is serious business - no marks for a good try.