Topic: Can't login

Hi,
I last used FA about 2 months ago and suspect I should have upgraded something.
The login page appears, I login and just get a blank page with no errors.
The screensource code is <div class='note_msg'></div>.
My FA version 2.3.17
Website ( Just Host ) PHP version is now 7.3.23.
Please can you list the steps I should take to restore FA.
Thanks.

Re: Can't login

FA version 2.3.x are very old programs. It supports the level of MySql version 5.6.And it works with MySql_query.  And it's completely deprecated with php 7.3. You have to downgrade your php and MySql to use.or you need to find a developer to upgrade your files and database to new version.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Thank you Kvvaradha,

I propose to copy the website to my localhost which runs PHP 5.6.3 and MySQL 5. I am quite happy to operate locally at least to the end of the financial year.
Do you foresee any problems, maybe  with passwords, permissions etc?
I will then install the latest version of FA on the real web server and seed it with the final balance sheet data.

Thanks again for your very quick reply.
Jonathan

It's not permissions or password problem. It's php version deprecated some functions. That's the issue you are facing in server.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

5 (edited by jonathan46 10/10/2020 03:30:00 pm)

Thanks, my PHP 5.6.3 should be fine so I'll try it in my localhost on my PC.
I was a little concerned that  after moving it from the Just Host server to my localhost the passwords might not work or it wouldn't find things in the place it expected them.
Jonathan

6 (edited by poncho1234 10/10/2020 04:26:09 pm)

Some ISPs / hosts allow you to change php versions. This is NOT the recommended option, but if you only require FA for a short period of time, then it may be considered.

In cPanel there may be a option to change version by using either:-

MultiPHP Manager
Or
Select PHP Version

and if these options do not appear in cPanel open a ticket.

Your IP 'Just Host' has numerous articles in their help center... https://my.justhost.com/hosting/help/se … search=php

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Thanks, I now have lots to go on.

Solved. I moved the whole installation to my localhost. Just Host didn't offer PHP version earlier than 7.

Copying the database presented a few problems so I list them here in case anyone is interested.

When you create the database to import into also add a new user with the data found in

<frontaccounting root>/config_db.php

Without this you can't login and you won't be told why.

Upload file size is limited in my local php.ini, so find and edit these lines in php/php.ini.

memory_limit = -1
upload_max_filesize = -1 
post_max_size = -1 
Also on a local site execution time may need increasing, so find and edit phpMyAdmin/libraries/config.default.php.
$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 600;

This gives you 600 seconds.

Thanks for your help.