Topic: INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS!

Hello,

First of all. I am not very sure if this post belongs here. So please forgive me.

We are a non profit organization of Orphanage home. Every orphan receives a few cash every month.
What will be the best practice of keeping records?

we want to keep records of what is being given (expenses) to each orphan
Should we open a new cash account (petty cash ) for every orphan ? or should we use a dimension entry.
or simply a journal entry? What will be the best practice and how?

I will be very glad for any  help

Thanks in advance
Bashir

Re: INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS!

Treat each orphan as an "employee" and give them a "salary".
"Sell" them stuff you would give away at a subsidy.
Make all of it as book entries only and and give them cash / cheque only for external transactions.
All external e-commerce transactions can be done at the common office under a single account and then journalled to the appropriate "employee".

Better still, if you just want AR/AP, then use SimpleInvoices.

As usual. Great gratitude for your suggestion. Brilliant!
Assigning employees to orphans will fit.
Is there a way to register employees in Front acc?
Once again thanks

Just open separate customer accounts and treat them as branches and when you give them money treat it as some credit note.
Alternatively, treat them as vendors/suppliers who provide a "bill" each month for the sums they receive as "Being an Orphan - Service" tax exempt.

Hello Apmuthu, Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. For some reason, I cannot add customers. the system takes me to a blank page whenever I try to create customers under sales. I have now another issue here. Why do I get blank page I do not know.  And the system displays back.

State version of PHP/MySQL/WebServer/Platform.
Also check file and folder permissions and webserver user ownerships.
Check your webserver, PHP and FA  error logs.
Troubleshoot with setting debug variables on in config.php.
As you intend to use it in production, take professional assistance if you feel you need to complement your skills.

Thanks. I reinstalled it under a different folder and now I am able to add customers. I think the problem might have been the deletion of some important files on the database during clean ups of the pre-installation registered files. Thanks a lot.