1 (edited by davidkumi 08/27/2020 12:11:37 am)

Topic: session_start() and session_regenerate_id() errors

Hi all,

I installed FA  version 2.4.8 on my local machine (Ubuntu with LAMP) and everything was fine. I transferred it online to my shared hosting account and i get the following errors:

session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_mcol7rah9p8ucts7rrnhkm1a8kl0im66, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in file: ***/includes/session.inc at line 31
session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/php_sessions) in file: ***/session.inc at line 31
session_regenerate_id(): Cannot regenerate session id - session is not active in file: ***/includes/session.inc at line 85
session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_ds1qt79vl694e7lcknhr38vjvvitubm8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in file: ***/includes/session.inc at line 92
session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/php_sessions) in file: ***/includes/session.inc at line 92

I read that I had to set session.auto_start=0 but that hasn't helped.

I have WordPress installed on the same hosting account but it works fine - no session issue.

How do I fix this please?

Thanks in advance.

Re: session_start() and session_regenerate_id() errors

Found it. It was a permission issue as pointed out here. I asked my hosting provider to fix the permission issue and voilà! - problem gone