1 (edited by rafat 08/24/2020 09:33:58 am)

Topic: Tax Reporting - Revisited

I am at the latest 2.4.8 from GIT as of today.

There is a strange problem with reporting TAX (VAT) if one enters a Supplier Invoice entry (GL Items) via Quick Entry. I take the attached example of using the Phone QE in the Training Company. If I enter two Phone QE then ( Tax Inquiry, Tax Report and GL Inquiry (2150) all have wrong values ..and some double entries as well ..which I am not able to understand..

Can someone take a look Please..

Edited for clarity..

Post's attachments

Tex_Rep.zip 142.4 kb, 5 downloads since 2020-08-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Tax Reporting - Revisited

I don't have the time to test this, but I think that the intention is that the supplier invoice G/L just use QE that are of type supplier invoice/credit, because the ability to even use any QE hinges on whether a QE with that type is defined (see, function has_quick_entries).  So perhaps the code needs to enforce this and prevent the use other types of QE?

I would also try to use or make a QE that is not a bank account and see if the problem occurs.  I recall that I had to disable QE bank account G/L in my fork to prevent problems.

3 (edited by rafat 08/24/2020 01:56:57 pm)

Just re looking  at this again. Even without using QE.. the whole Supplier Invoice GL items is messed.. Just enter anything into any GL Account ..the data stored is wrong.. Dont know how..There is something wrong for sure..

BTW

I am using your pull request on 2.4.4 and its perfect and tested on previous 2.4.8 and worked like a charm.

https://github.com/FrontAccountingERP/FA/pull/39

The thing I am reporting is on a vanilla 2.4.8 latest GIT code.

@joe: must this pull request be taken in?

Strange, I will have a look.

Joe

Hello, I have been looking at this old commit, and going through the operations as explained, I can find no errors here.

Are you sure, you have the correct tax report dates when you look at the tax inquiries/reports?

Otherwise, please be more detailed so I can dig deaper.

/Joe

If there is a problem with the latest 2.4.8 FA code base and not with an earlier FA code base, that would suggest that a recent commit introduced the problem.  You could try to isolate the problem by checking out successive earlier versions until you find one that works.

After you enter an invoice, what does view the g/l entries from this invoice look like?  Does that look correct?

I am sorry I cannot be of more help right now.