Topic: Consultancy Arrangement

We seek to engage the services of a reliable expert in all phases of FA for a consultancy engagement on a monthly retainer basis. The scope will involve routine trouble shooting, set-up, and maintenance. Special projects like customization, API integration, will be subject to arrangement and separate proposal to be paid on a per project basis.

How do we vet offers and developers? Are references available? We deal with confidential data and the relationship should be based on trust and high degree of professionalism for a long term relationship. How should we go about this, or is this arrangement even feasible?

Thank you.

Celito

Re: Consultancy Arrangement

Check out contributions from various forum users and their repos / offerings. That will ensure capability to some extent. Ethics, you will have to play by ear and experience in an ongoing support relationship.

Since you want a retainer based consultant to maintain the installation, specify the platform (Windows, Mac or Linux) and the kind of server (apache/IIS/nginx, etc) and PHP/MySQL version familiarity.

To check for interest in assisting you, quote a compensation value affordable to you and any language preferences especially if other than English and any specific accounting knowledge you will need to depend on for operations and understanding. TimeZone issues are on the edges only.

Arm yourself with sufficient FA knowledge so that you can migrate between consultants easily without vendor lockin.

Hello @ccmacachor, I am working as a FA consultant for more than 70 clients in my country. I have my own server and slightly modified FA version to fit in the needs of my clients. If you need my support please contact me via Forum Email.

www.boxygen.pk

apmuthu wrote:

Check out contributions from various forum users and their repos / offerings. That will ensure capability to some extent. Ethics, you will have to play by ear and experience in an ongoing support relationship.

Since you want a retainer based consultant to maintain the installation, specify the platform (Windows, Mac or Linux) and the kind of server (apache/IIS/nginx, etc) and PHP/MySQL version familiarity.

To check for interest in assisting you, quote a compensation value affordable to you and any language preferences especially if other than English and any specific accounting knowledge you will need to depend on for operations and understanding. TimeZone issues are on the edges only.

Arm yourself with sufficient FA knowledge so that you can migrate between consultants easily without vendor lockin.

Thank you very much for this expert, professional advice. At the end of the day, it's still let the buyer beware, but your tips above are of great help.

Celito