Topic: I'm now creating new theme for FA

Hi, I created mytheme folder inside themes, and I successfully modified the renderer.php and every thing is OK, now I want to modify the access pages ( login.php, logout.php, etc), I tried to copy the access folder inside my folder mytheme , so that the path will be mytheme/access

Now how can I show the login.php and logout.php from mytheme/access folder not from the original access folder, i don't want to modify the FA core.

waiting your response.

Thanks

Re: I'm now creating new theme for FA

This is a so called catch 22 situation.

In the login box, the user theme is not known. I have been planning of having this option in release 2.5, but the only way of doing this is to place the theme name in the config.php file. I have prepared this so the you can place a login.inc box in the theme folder, with all the situations as timeout, forgotton password etc.
But as said, the only way to doing this is to use the config.php file for the default theme info.

I think this should be ok to do it this way. Because if you make a fancy theme, you will probably also like to fix a fancy login box.
In the solution that I have, all the security is taken care of, so you only have to do the layout.

/Joe

Ok,
I will try it.

Thanks

Hi Joe,

Can I know when the 2.5 release will be available?

Thanks

Hard to tell. We are waiting for some rewrite of stock code. But we are trying to force the release.
In the meantime you can make a test version on release 2.4.8. Looking forward to see it.

Joe

6 (edited by trainer2008 08/24/2020 03:12:59 pm)

I have another question regarding creating the module, I have some changes in the file sales_order_entry.php, can I overwrite it in the module so that copying it to the model and make changes in it, so it will be executed from the module instead of original one in sales?
If yes please let me know how.

Thanks

@trainer2008, you can use modules hooks.php to call the module's sales_order_entry.php instead of core file from the Navigation of your theme.

Here is the little snippet of the code

function install_options($app) {
        global $path_to_root;

switch($app->id) {
            case 'orders':
                $app->modules[0]->lappfunctions[3] = new app_function(_('Water In&voice'),'modules/water_invoice/sales_order_entry.php?NewInvoice=0','SA_OPEN',MENU_TRANSACTION);
                $app->modules[1]->lappfunctions[2] = new app_function(_('Customer Transaction Inquiry'),'modules/water_invoice/inquiry/customer_inquiry.php?','SA_OPEN',MENU_INQUIRY);
                $app->modules[2]->lappfunctions[0] = new app_function(_('Add and Manage Customers'),'modules/water_invoice/customers.php?','SA_OPEN',MENU_ENTRY);
www.boxygen.pk

hi boxygen,

Thanks for your reply and help.