1 (edited by kamal51223050 08/05/2020 11:12:44 am)

Topic: Dimension wise balance sheet items (A/C Payable and Receivables)

I got P&L items that can be split dimension wise but balance sheet items like A/C payables and A/C receivables can't be split dimensionwise.

For a supplier invoice,
Dr. GR/IR Clearing - There is a dimension
      Cr. A/C payable - There is no dimension

For a customer invoice:
Dr. A/c Receivable (Customer) - There is no dimension
     Cr. Sales - There is a dimension

The end result is, the trial balance/P&L/Balance sheet can not be segregated dimensionwise. In whole trial balance, there is a balance in Sales, COGS, inventory, A/c. Payable, A/c. receivable but in dimensions TB there is no value in the receivable and payable account.  Need help in this. We want to have dimensions for both the payable and receivable accounts.

Re: Dimension wise balance sheet items (A/C Payable and Receivables)

Vanilla FA does not dimension payments and therefore the A/P and A/R accounts do not have dimension.

If you want to make the code changes to dimension payments, I suggest that you examine my fork and look at the commits that have "Add dimension" in the title.

Going back in reverse chronological manner for nearly 5 years yields the following commits:

Add dimension to supplier payments
2020-02-20: https://github.com/braathwaate/frontac24/commit/2eb8f5462ef7be2ea9c0e3593e16619f8054be11

add dimension to mfg; more flexible cost types
2019-01-21: https://github.com/braathwaate/frontac24/commit/740a068d847e38027fd8c351bf26be15188cfb85

Add dimension to payments
2018-12-24: https://github.com/braathwaate/frontac24/commit/260d6e330932eb6d8f01584ce58220acda9ec2f1

Add dimension to payments; cash basis on p/l; fix dups on gl names
2018-02-24: https://github.com/braathwaate/frontac24/commit/6899ac7a52454f5cebce90945725056a5c9022f1

@joe: If they do not have any DB changes (or just flags alone could suffice), can we add it to the core?

@joe...I agree with @apmuthu.. I see it as a very important feature.. Can it be done? Hopefully with not many implications. As I can understand dimensions its just another view of the data that is already stored in DB. I could be very wrong of course.

Well, why not. Allowing the dimensions to get booking on the balance accounts. But there might be some side effect if this is not done right.

Should this option always be enabled for dimensions? At least for using the dimensions as projects it could be adequate.

I will think a little about this. I also feel it could be ok to implement. So it would be totally up to the users how to handle this.

Let us do this on the 2.5 release. Maybe we could implement it in 2.4.8. Not at all difficult. Any objections?

Joe

Great News..as it looks like 2.5 is a long way to go..appreciate your implementing on 2.4.8
Thanks

7 (edited by rafat 08/07/2020 04:18:47 am)

@Braath Waate

I was looking at your fork and I gave it a try. The Customer Payment Screen has the dimensions in it but the Supplier Payment is lacking the Dimensions Entry..as attached.

I am actually running your whole fork.

Post's attachments

Supp_Pay.png 48.9 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

@rafat

You are right.  I did add underlying support for dimension on supplier payments, but because I only use the direct supplier invoice or bank payments, it looks like I did not update the supplier payments ui.

I'm on a business trip this week; next week I will look into it.

There are no db changes.  All the code does is pass the dimension data from the ui to the underlying db functions; prior code always passed zeroes so associated dimensions on payment records was cleared.  I do not understand why, but clearly it was intentional.

In my opinion there is no reason to lose the dimension data in the db.  If the dimension data was not desired (why, I do not know), it should be the responsibility of the user interface code to choose whether to display it.

Hello Guys,

This has now been implemented in 2.4.8 core and will be committed in a while.

Joe

Committed

Thanks @Joe..This is good news..

Thanks a lot @Joe