Re: Modularizing the Dashboard

Rafat

Yes, you are right it looks to be very similar but the side menu and charts are not identical. As I said, my friend has given the idea of how the dashboard should looks like, the sales dashboard is tested and complete for the time being.

He also mentioned about the notrinos site and approached @notrinos but the source code would be provided only upon a payment (commercial version).

52 (edited by rafat 06/25/2020 03:18:19 pm)

Samsa,

You have a very good friend. Once you are finished with it we would love to see the source code..(if not chargeable of course) because it looks very good.

Good luck.

Hello Guys,

@notrinos
I see that you have been using the chartist.js chart for implementing parts of the dashboard. I have been looking at many different js charts and found the chart.js to be the best.
I just wonder if the chartist.js is able to handle the RTL languages. And also swapping the yaxis and reversing the xaxis series.
I have done a sample pdf files with the various charts done by chart.js and a little help with internal js.
A PHP wrapper class is also created to easier handle the various options. The titles and buttons in the RTL variants are HTML and are automatically swapped to RTL in the real world.
Please have a look at this pdf file.

Joe
OBS! New file

Post's attachments

localhost.pdf 315 kb, 34 downloads since 2020-07-26 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

For those who wish to experiment with chartist.js, the links are:
https://codeload.github.com/gionkunz/chartist-js/zip/develop
https://gionkunz.github.io/chartist-js/

A nice tutorial on where to include javascript and what it does:
https://www.tutorialspoint.com/javascript/javascript_placement.htm

@Joe,
Looks nice..
One thing about RTL ..and I am one of these guys. The Graphs and the axis are always the same as in every other Language. This is Math and not language..actually its very wrong to mirror the Graph for RTL as its portrays the wrong data...But the Text needs to be RTL. So the X and Y axis for RTL is exactly the same as all other languages..One thing you might have noticed ..we write characters RTL but we always write numbers LTR..

@rafat.

Ok I understand. Retrieving info on Google regarding this is very confusing.
But then everything seems easy to handle. chart.js has the relevant flags to show the legends perfectly in RTL. And the text and so on will automatically flow correct when the page is in RTL.

Joe

@Joe
Absolutely...if this is implemented..its a good way forward.

Hello again,

New file uploaded. See post 53 above.

/Joe

Yes sir looks very nice.

@joe

I chose chartis.js because I though it was an early stage project and easy to understand and develop later.
But chart.js is awsome.

Thank you

Phuong

Hello Guys,

I have plans about incorporating a new class.graphic.inc in release 2.5 core.
I have already made a local version for looking at now by replacing the old class.graphic.inc with a new one, which is a wrapper around the Open Source chart.js. This chart.js is a very famous and qualified script to go for.

The file, dashboard.php in the admin folder has been slightly changed to this new one.
The dashboard.inc file in the includes folder is replaced with a new and adequate file.
My plans are further to make a Dashboard Setup in the Setup section. This is for setting a lot of parameters for
the dashboard.
At the same time my plans are to let dashboard.php check if there is a dashboard.inc file in the theme folder, if so this will be included instead of the core one.

Included in this look at version are the new Dimension booking on Balance Accounts.

You can have a look at this local version at the following URL:

http://frontaccounting.co.uk/fa248]http://frontaccounting.co.uk/fa248 .
User: admin
Pass: 98765

Link not working anymore.

This version will only be available a week or so.

Joe

A good effort with chart js.  We have to add a feature like widgets to move. Change widgets. Also update us here what's sofar ready with 2.5  if you have any development ideas just propose it to community developers. We will contribute the development. It will be organised finally to make the 2.5 perfect one.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

joe wrote:

Hello Guys,

I have plans about incorporating a new class.graphic.inc in release 2.5 core.
I have already made a local version for looking at now by replacing the old class.graphic.inc with a new one, which is a wrapper around the Open Source chart.js. This chart.js is a very famous and qualified script to go for.

The file, dashboard.php in the admin folder has been slightly changed to this new one.
The dashboard.inc file in the includes folder is replaced with a new and adequate file.
My plans are further to make a Dashboard Setup in the Setup section. This is for setting a lot of parameters for
the dashboard.
At the same time my plans are to let dashboard.php check if there is a dashboard.inc file in the theme folder, if so this will be included instead of the core one.

Included in this look at version are the new Dimension booking on Balance Accounts.

You can have a look at this local version at the following URL:

http://frontaccounting.co.uk/fa248 .
User: admin
Pass: 98765

This version will only be available a week or so.

Joe

Awsome @joe

On this basis we can generate countless charts for unlimited number of different statistical needs

Phuong

Great @joe, does this covers the custom dashboards through modules?

www.boxygen.pk

65 (edited by apmuthu 08/14/2020 07:54:18 am)

An around 12 MB video of the walkthrough of the demo link above is here.

Good job @joe!

Maybe a set of changed files for the current FA 2.4.8 can be zipped up and provided here for users to test out this theme and dashboard. - Done

Updated video with no Create Company screens and with GL dashboard.

Hello again,

Yes I will upload the files that are changed for this planned built-in dashboard. I will just clean some code first.

Joe

Nice job @apmuthu with the video. Unfortunately you forgot the Banking and General Ledger Dashboard. There are a couple of fancy charts too. But really cool video. Thanks.

Joe

(done) smile

Excellent job @joe.. I would love to have the changed files so I can test it in RTL (Arabic)  and maybe record a video like our guru @apmuthu..(hoping I am able to do that).

69 (edited by poncho1234 08/13/2020 10:48:45 pm)

@joe looks excellent.

I've changed access setup as login was sys admin and assume that wasn't what you wanted? If it was my apologies for meddling.
Tried to PM earlier but you didn't answer.

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Here are, as promised, the changed files for establishing the new dashboard in core.

Please use a test installationen for this testing. The final implementation is not complete.

This implementation is planned to go into the next 2.5 release, but this is only for testing the new basic class.graphic.inc and dashboard.inc files.

Replace the files: 

/reporting/includes/class.graphic.inc with class.graphic.inc
/admin/dashboard.php with dashboard.php
/includes/dashboard.inc with dashboard.inc

If you want to use your own color palette for the dashboard, insert this at the beginning of dashboard.inc just
before $colors = Chart::$colors;
Chart::$colors = array('#ffffff','#ffffff','#ffffff','#ffffff'); // NOT these values but your own values!!

This implemtation is only a beginning, to get the class.graphic.inc usable and the standard dashboard.inc reasonable good.
Your comments are very welcome.

The future should also include a Dashboard Setup in the Setup section.

I guess there were two reports, Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss sheet that had the option to include a chart, this is not possible with this new. It will be possible later, though.

@poncho1234
Sorry, I have forgotten the login topic, please update me on that issue.

/Joe

Post's attachments

dashboard.zip 13.6 kb, 18 downloads since 2020-08-14 

@joe
Is
    /* UTF-8 font for Business Graphics. Copy it to /reporting/fonts/ folder. */
    $UTF8_fontfile    = "zarnormal.ttf"; // for Arabic Dashboard

Still effective in config.php with the new dashboard. I tried to change the font for Arabic but it seems it has no effect.

@rafat
No this font was used by the PHP gd graphic engine. The font in the new dashboard is what is the utf-8 font used by the browser.

Joe

Thanks @Joe

Looks good.. I have no major things to report..it seems very smooth.. I will keep testing of course. If only I can choose a larger font for the Arabic Text in the Graphic frame...that will be ideal.
Attached is a sample Banking Dashboard Screen in Arabic.

Post's attachments

Banking.png 111.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

@joe I've PM-ed you; please read as soon as possible its quite urgent

The FrontAccounting Wiki(Manual, examples, tips, setup info, links to accounting sites, etc) https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/

Good job on this, really appreciated.

It seems dashboard is not active for HRM. Maybe it can be looked into it.