1 (edited by ahmedtaufiq 01/05/2013 05:17:37 pm)

Topic: Multiple Units of Measure in Inventory

Hello !

We sell our products, in multiple units of measure i.e.  in sachets, packets and in cartoons. Is there a way i set multiple units of measure for a single product.

When i enter a new item in inventory, it gives a drop down menu, in which i can select only one unit of measure at a time. Similarly, when i make purchase order and sales order, i cant edit the unit of measure over there. Although in real business,  we make order in different unit of measure to different suppliers and customers i.e. in sachets, packets, cartoons etc.

I don't know whether FA is able to manage multiple units of measure for a single product and adjust the inventory value in the financial books of accounts or alternatively apply any conversion factor to resolve this multiple units of measure issue.

Re: Multiple Units of Measure in Inventory

You can use Manufacturing for this. Create some manufactured items in Items and Inventory tab. Select the new units. Select the original item in the Bill of Materials (BOM) for the new item in Manufacturing tab. Also select quantities of the original item.

Now you can create simple assemblies in Manufacturing tab.

Joe

3 (edited by apmuthu 01/06/2013 11:24:46 am)

Create a unit of measure as "6sachets" and price it for 6 sachets as well and sell 1 unit of 6 sachets!

Not serious. Joe's take is the right one!

Wikied it.

We sell our products, in multiple units of measure .suppose purchase sugar bag of 50 kg and sale in gram ..how to handle this ??

Make units for each packing size as a product for sales while retaining a single product for purchase with it's own unit - possible use of Assembly too.

Good morning gentlemen,
Isn't this possible that we can have multiple UOM's for items and a conversion factor between them. it would solve my issue and pricing levels at each UOM. I think a lot of users would find this useful from posts that I see relating to this?
In my own needs: UOM each and UOM case, conversion factor 24 each 1 case. price each $1, price case $20
In the case of bulk units:
1 bag sugar 55kg sugar 55000g. So a user could purchase a bag and sell grammes and the system automatically know that grammes are fractions of 1 bag?
Price 1 bag $550 Price kg $12.00 Price gramme $0.02
I had a return the other day of 12 bottles, half of a case which I had sold at case price as part of a full case but to credit at eaches would have refunded too much to the customer. So i had to return .5 of a case, which I could not disassemble I had to inventory adjust to remove half case and another adjust to add 12 bottles, and the values were slightly different.
Regards,
Kurt

Keep different sales units as separate inventory items.
Also make stock movements when "disassembly" of such items are desired amongst them.