Topic: new Tax is not applied

Hi,

I installed V2.4.8, and I'm playing with it to understand how it works.

I want to specify different tax for each item, I have for example service items having about 7% Tax, while purchasable items has 5% TAX.

I tried to create new 7% VAT, and I assign it to the item, but it does not work, no tax shown in the invoice if I exempted the 5% and maintain the 7%, if I don't exempted the 5% then only 5% as vat is applied.

Am I missing any thing that should be done so that it will work.

Please help.

Re: new Tax is not applied

I agree with @trainer2008. I can reproduce the problem in 2.4.8 ..my 2.4.4 installation (and demo site) works OK.
Someone needs to take a look at this.

I will ask Janusz to look into this asap.

Joe

4 (edited by trainer2008 07/18/2020 04:06:24 pm)

Hi,

Please the Tax system need to be checked properly, because I believe the customer tax group is always overwrite the item tax type, I don't see any benefit  from  item tax type.

If I'm wrong can someone you please explain how and when the item tax type is applied, instead of the customer tax group?

Thanks

@trainer2008, I am not sure I understand your point clearly. But I guess it would work.

You can create 7% and 5% taxes in tax page. After that create one item tax type with both taxes.

And goto tax groups. Create one tax group for supplier to buy it for 5% and another to sell it with 7%.

Than goto customers create a customer and select 7% tax group to it. And create one supplier with 5% tax group. After that you can use it in both places.

Hopes this helps to solve your problem.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

6 (edited by trainer2008 07/18/2020 06:07:25 pm)

@kvvaradha,

why you mention suppliers?

I want my customer to buy both items. and based on the item bought by the customer the tax should be calculated in the invoice.

What I want is my customer want to buy both items

1. the item with  5% tax.
2. and the item with 7% tax.

how to manage that in one sales invoice, so that the both taxes calculated for each item.

Thanks

Oh ok. I got your point. You can make it very well. I already wrote an article to setup different taxes to one customer.  That's the usage of tax groups here. You can refer my article from here. This is possible with  help of tax groups and item tax types. You need to play around more on this to get it work on.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hi @kvvaradha,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I read your article before, but I'm still having this problem, and I see that item tax type is not working at all, please can you do a quick try in your installed FrontAcconting v2.4.8 system and check if it is really work.

I think you will get to my point and stuck there.

Because we give the customer the tax group which always overwrite the item tax type, the item tax type is never applied, only the tax group is applied in the invoice.

Dears
I installed a fresh 2.4.8 and the Tax system is working as designed and was able to define the two taxes as in the attached invoice.

Post's attachments

Tax_7.png 54.6 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi @rafat,

Wow that is exactly what I want to do, that is I have a problem of understanding how can I do that.

Please can you explain step by step how you achieve that,

appreciate your help

Thanks

Please see attached. Hope its helpful.

Post's attachments

Setup_Tax.pdf 165.4 kb, 13 downloads since 2020-07-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Yup working @rafat smile

Thanks for your clarification, it is really helpful, that make me understand exactly the purpose of the tax group.

Thanks