Topic: The item description change in PO when print the PO & in receive item

FrontAccounting 2.4.8

Issue on item with editable description

I have problem with item description.

When i create purchase order the same item (more than one line) with different description in one purchase order, the item description was changing when i want to print it. The item description was changing too on receive item process. I do some test with delete supplier's description in item purchasing pricing tab, but this description update it's self with the description in next PO and cause description error again in next PO or receive item.

Re: The item description change in PO when print the PO & in receive item

See, https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=8754.

3 (edited by Tz 07/07/2020 04:59:10 pm)

I already read the "Topic : Different Service Item Description From Same Vendor?" that you suggested. But because i am not a coder i not much understand the code.

But I tried to insert the code you provided into the rep209.php file and have tested. The code didn't work. I even cannot generates the PO for printing.

I think the problem is somewhere in the receive PO process.

Please remember that the suppliers descriptions are only put on the documents to him.

All other forms internally will use our own description.

Joe

Thanks Joe, may be I am misunderstanding the way to use item in FA. I want that the same item class with different description can put in this. May be it didn't design for work this way but only special single item, so it is must using a unique item code for each item. I was hoping that the description can be changed for the same class item to avoid the confusing of too many item's code because i just buy the items as costs and not sell it even not inventoried it.

Note that two files had code changes.  You would have to make both changes in order to create and then print a PO with the same item but different descriptions.

If you are unable to make the code changes, then you could use the workaround suggested by paul in the same thread: create the PO, then delete the supplier in the purchasing tab of the item, and then print the PO.

Thank you Braath. I have tried to edit the two files but it gets me error. May be I was wrong put the code. I will be appreciate if anyone can test the code and if it is working please share here.