Topic: Separate Add and Edit Roles in FA

Hello,
It will be good to separate add and edit roles i.e. a user can have permissions to add a customer but has no permissions to edit customers. I experienced this need when i have a sales person who is required to create customers and place orders for the customer but cannot edit customer's Credit Status and contact details on a later date. This is because the admin can set credit status to "no more  work until payment received" and only permitted users can reverse.
It would be great to have this in even more modules such as Add/Edit transactions.

Please advice on the right approach and I will embark on the modifications myself. It will be great if this is also included in core FA.

Re: Separate Add and Edit Roles in FA

In each menu item you want add / edit role separation do the following:

1. Take a FA sql backup
2. Add a record in the menu item
3. Take another FA sql backup
4. Compare the 2 backups and see what SQL statements are needed for the Add operation.
5. Edit the record in the above menu item for the fields desired to be edited (or in it's entirety)
6. Take yet another FA sql backup
7. Compare the last 2 backups and see what SQL statements are needed for Edit operation.
8. Compare the field list for the Add and Edit operation's SQL statements.

Now either code the PHP in a way that achieves the above (OR)
Create a new MySQL DB (non-edit) user giving it suitable rights over the desired tables/fields and program the FA mysql_connect based on the logged in (non-edit) user and switch to those credentials.

I appreciate your response though I really needed this in the core project.

@detkenn, as I agree with your point. We need to elaborate the access roles with add edit delete and view permissions.

But it's a big change in the core. We have to modify the core to suite with all page level. We have to plan this in next update. That would be a nice feature  to all the Fa users

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Yes, I agree with you. The problem now is how do we go about it? Do we require the Administrator to do the bulk modifications of all the roles or do we handle each case as it arises.

6 (edited by detkenn 01/11/2021 10:37:40 am)

Frontaccounting really needs a review for add, edit, list and view permissions. The Administrators should guide us on the roadmap they are taking on this issue and how we can help

As on date FA has page level access permission only. Components access is not possible.
Hope, You have to make seperate page individually for View, add, Update and delete functions.
FA Developers who can do these kind of core customization are countable.

detkenn wrote:

Frontaccounting really needs a review for add, edit, list and view permissions. The Administrators should guide us on the roadmap they are taking on this issue and how we can help

Regards,
Bharathiraja Kaliyamoorthy