Topic: attach files to documents

one killer-feature which I can think of will be an ability to attach (upload to the system) a file linked to the document suck as GL transaction, cutomer or supplier invoice, delivery, etc....

Common user case will be to store the scan of the paper versions of the supplier invoice, Purchase Order, or Delivery accptance.

That can really help a small (or medium-sized company) to operate efficiently.

Re: attach files to documents

Hello patsko,
This sounds like a real hoot. We will think of a way to implement it. I think it can be done without database inteference. If we create a special folder for these external scanned documents, it should be easy to view them online.

Well we have to think of a way to split it up and to get it optimal.

Certainly a good idea. Thanks.

Joe

Thanks Joe - look forward to it!
In my favorite project management tool (activecollab) they call it "attach file to anything". I think they made it similar to how you suggested (aside of database) - keeping files in a folder (folders), may be split in subfolders per module......
regards,
Alexey

Is there happening anything with this topic?

I'm thinking of using attached files for eg purchaces, so we don't need the paper-copies of any document. (except for for tax-authorities :-) )

/Henning

There is one easy way to make it in a while.  Some times ago I was working on integrating fpdf class in place of ros.co.nz one. The work is mostly done, but needs some corrections as without them it doesn't works for some repxxx.php files. Nevertheless if you would use this optional pdf generator you can use free fdfi extension which provides including scanned images into generated report. If you want to continue the work let me know and I'll send you what I have.