Topic: Recurring invoices result in no dimensions on gl_trans

I have set up dimensions wherever I can find them, but when I generate a recurring invoice, the dimensions are not carried thru to the gl_trans file.

Re: Recurring invoices result in no dimensions on gl_trans

For clarification I have the following:
Customer has dimension 1 defined
Item has dimension 1 defined the same as customer
Proceed to Sales Order Entry where there is an Item number, but no way to override the dimension tags
Go to Sales order Inquiry and set the order as a template
Go to Recurrent Invoices and set the days, monthly, start and end dates, etc
Print an invoice
Go to Balance sheet and drill down to the sales account and the transaction is there, but no dimension
I look at the accounts receivable account, but again the transaction is there but no dimension

I am posting this hoping that someone will see something that I am doing wrong. If not I will start digging thru the relevant scripts to see what I can find.

Thanks for any help.

@joe: The recurring invoice template can have a flag (sysprefs?) to pass on the dimension parameter to subsequent invoices generated.

Hello,

I have been looking at this and is not that easy to implement. Janusz has done some modifications here and I will ask him to look into the topic.

/Joe

5 (edited by kvvaradha 05/16/2020 09:48:15 am)

@joe,  his point is dimensions are missing. I think we are recreating the cart here.

$doc = new Cart(ST_SALESORDER, array($order_no));

And that will get the dimensions from the sales orders table.

And then it will be creating the invoice here

$invno = $cart->write(1);

Looks like a passing parameter is missing.

If possible we can extend it to connect with Linux cron jobs to run it automatically on a certain period gap.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kvvaradha.
No, No dimensions are created for the Sales Order. And no dimensions on the item lines for Sales Order either. These things make the complexity.
Let us wait for Janusz's comments.

Joe

@kvvaradha.
I found the solution myself. It was quite simple. I will implement it as a company setup checkbox, with the existing behaviour as default.

Just stay put an hour or two.

/Joe

@joe , great to hear it.  How about cron job connectivity. ?

Shall we make one to make it automatically on its recurrent day.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hello,

This topic has now been fixed and committed to stable repo. To get it working you must download these two files from the repo:

company_preferences.php and create_recurrent_invoices.php.

In 'Company Setup' there is a new check box on the left hand side. Default value unchecked. To use dimensions on recurrent invoices just check the box and update.

@kvvaradha
Let us first test this so we are sure it works. I have already tested, but it need test from others too.

Joe

@joe, i have tested your solution, it works fine. looks like its very easy solution. to get the dimensions on the next invoice

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Hi,

This works with dimensions on customers, but it doesn't work with dimensions on items and it isn't possible to enter a dimension on the recurrent invoice.

I would like to make it possible to enter a dimension on the recurrent invoice. How do i do that ?

Thanks,

F.

Hi,

Been testing this and I agree with @advocaat.pollet. I dont see the dimension in the Balance Drill Down for recurrent invoices.

@kvvaradah..can you please guide us on how to test this ..maybe we are doing something wrong.