Topic: 2.2 release

Hi
When do you planning to deliver the frontaccounting 2.2 release ?

Thank you

Re: 2.2 release

Before end of this month.

/Joe

I lost track. Have there been (or are they any planned) db changes in the 2.2 release?

I may need to update my modules if there are.

tom

Yes, there are db changes, but maybe you don't need to update your modules. You can check the file alter2.2.sql to see if there are changes to be fixed in the modules.

/Joe

Hey guys,
is the 2.2 still supposed to be released before the end of the month?

2.2 Beta is supposed to be shipped on Wednesday, Sep 30, 2009.

/Joe

Janusz has changed the habit of modules and extensions to be handled on a per company basis. There are more info to come from him.

/Joe

Is there a roadmap for 2.2 final?

2.2 RC is shipping later today. The final release shipment is dependent on the bugs reported.

/Joe

joe wrote:

Yes, there are db changes, but maybe you don't need to update your modules. You can check the file alter2.2.sql to see if there are changes to be fixed in the modules.

/Joe

I do not see a alter2.2.sql file, so I assume there have been no DB changes..

tom

Ah, tom, click on the link above the sql folder in CVS, Show 4 dead files. This is a special mechanism for new files.

/Joe

in the top level I am doing a

cvs -q update -PAd

That should get everything... maybe you did not commit the file?

There is a special state for Added files that have not been comitted.

tom

This is of course in unstable branch:

cvs update -r unstable

Janusz

Oh! Sorry for the confusion... I have not done any work with 'unstable' (because of it's very nature!)

joe wrote:

2.2 RC is shipping later today. The final release shipment is dependent on the bugs reported.

/Joe

Is this just a CVS release? I don't see a file release on SF. Also I don't see a cvs tag.

Is it just the MAIN branch? [1]

[1] https://frontaccounting.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/frontaccounting/frontaccount/?pathrev=MAIN

The release was planned but last minute problems arose, so the 2.2 RC was delayed. Maybe today or tomorrow.

/Joe