Topic: Select Item Tax Type On Sales Quote, Order and Invoice

I want to make modifications to make it possible to select Item Tax Type on fly on FA Sales Quote, Order and Invoice.
When successful, i will contribute the code to the main project. What is your suggestions.

Kenn.

Re: Select Item Tax Type On Sales Quote, Order and Invoice

Kindly state your reason for wanting the same.

All suggestions with clear use cases will foster quicker adoption and assimilation into the codebase.

This will come in handy especially on cases where you supply goods to customers who have been exempted for certain taxes and
your regular customers who you have to apply tax. So one Item might be taxed differently from customer to customer. Also, the government occasionally grants tax exemptions for certain goods for a specified period.

Currently you have to edit an item to change the tax type and later revert it when you are done creating the invoice. It is a desirable feature to be able to change the tax type on fly but still having the default tax selected.

Could this be of any help?
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=452

5 (edited by detkenn 02/16/2020 11:02:03 am)

This is helpful but only to some point. In a situation where the government grants tax exemptions to specific items but your invoice contains other taxed items, here, your cannot select multiple branches for the invoice. Also where a customer has actual branches, you will have to duplicate the branches so as to tax differently. Creating duplicate branches also seems to be more of a hack. I would suggest we have a drop down to select Item Tax Type per line item in sales Invoice...

I still think making FA more flexible in that aspect is very desirable. It is also more user friendly.

I believe this has been discussed before:

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=7495

No decisive answer as It seems it is a huge effort to change the core to accommodate this.

Seems like solutions offered to this issue are somehow more of hacks. If we can agree on the proper way of handling this, I would dedicate myself in programming for it to be included in FA.
I will not mind the scope because I really need it.

I invite you to give suggestions on the best approach to this.

Anyone please?

Let me give you a way to do this. From the sales cart table let's add a column item tax type as header. And within it. Let's put a checkbox. The checkbox should be checked by default ( mark of item tax type selected).  If we uncheck it. The item tax should be exempted. Here the functionality is complex. We have to pass this checkbox value to tax calculations and modify it.

But there is one thing I am not sure to bring.  After we created the invoice, order or quote. As we are calling the tax calculations again to get it. Like on sales order view page we call the tax calculations again and get the values. In this case, we need to create  a column in debtors_trans_details and sales_order_details.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Thank you @kvvaradha.
How about putting a select drop-down to select item tax type instead of a checkbox and pass the value to tax calculations. The default item tax type being the one attached to the item.
As you suggested, this will also necessitate creation of a column in  debtors_trans_details and sales_order_details.

What do you think?

The drop down is a nice one to change it to other tax types. 

As i thinking we need one column in them. But try it without making a column. if it works fine. we dont need to make a column to save it. I worked with item tax types a bit back. so i am not sure for the new column in them.  Just bring the item tax types drop down in cart and process an order and try to view it.  and you can compare the rates to get it .

HRM CRM POS batch Themes

12 (edited by detkenn 03/13/2020 11:25:14 am)

Ok. Lemmi embark on this.. I will update you when i have something.
Thank you

Sure. Drop your suggestions and results here.

HRM CRM POS batch Themes