Topic: Training in FA usage, setup (small US service business)

I have FA properly installed on my server (thanks to a web hosting technical consultant) and have played with it. Previously, I have used Quickbooks and am familiar with accounting concepts.  I find FA sort of clunky to use and need help to get over the initial hump.

I seek 2-4 hours of help on phone to walk me through best simple way to setup/use FA for certain functions, such as:
*Record expense for client, then later bill it.
*Record service hours for client, then later bill it.

Later, I may need a couple of hours of help customizing something, but hope to just use the default application to start. 

I'm on the east coast of the US.

I researched various persons who have previously posted their availaiblity in this forum, but found some names or websites were stale.

Thank you

Re: Training in FA usage, setup (small US service business)

Hi Chamber

I am working on frontaccounting from 2013. So having a great experience of this system.
I am glad to work with you. You can contact me on : sunitsarode@gmail.com

Thanks
Sunit, India

The Forum and the Wiki are the treasure troves you seek for general workarounds.

Open ended Client Orders can be edited and added to for the period, on completion of which they can be invoiced.

@chamber: Your post that stated you needed clarification could not be replied to as it was deleted before I could reply. Also your email domain truenorthprojects.com does not seem reachable having been registered as owned by anonymize.com.

Your message:

apmuthu wrote: "Open ended Client Orders can be edited and added to for the period, on completion of which they can be invoiced."

I do not understand exactly what this means.  My plan was to contact Sunit directly, and arrange our business dealings directly. Each of us obviously has an incentive to deal honestly to protect our reputations here. I will likely need more help in the future. 

Your message implies that my original post was an "order".  Are you suggesting that Sunit and I use this thread for our business dealings?  My preference would be to deal directly with him, not in public. However, because I value my reputation and am new here, I want to understand exactly what you mean so I do not make mistakes or miscommunicate and get off on wrong foot.

Thank you for clarifying. I will do nothing further before I hear from you.

Sunit and you can communicate outside of the forum to the extent that it has specifics and confidential info. The forum would be a nice place to get inputs and assistance from the community. Business dealings must necessarily be outside of the forum.

What I meant was to have open ended orders that can be kept adding to till the time the invoice is made. Orders can be delivered to before being invoiced.

Alternatively, have another extension module created or a separate application made to partake of the FA DB and seamlessly complete the transaction within FA.

apmuthu, thanks for the follow-up.  I deleted my message because I was tired and confused when I wrote it. Later, when I realized what you meant, I deleted my message. I have emailed Sunit directly. Cheers.