Topic: Supplier Payment for general expenses.

Please suggest any solution for the below:

We want to pay to a supplier for stationary expenses using BANK PAYMENT section.

So we did the following :

Pay To : Supplier
Supplier : <SupplierName>

Dedit : Stationary Expenses Account [Amount :500]
Credit : Bank Account [Amount :500]

When we check the profit and loss statment it was fine.

But when we check the supplier balance statement, the amount is -500; so it shows as an advance amount paid to the supplier which affects the supplier balance statement wrongly.

So, is there any way to enter supplier payment for general expenses without entering through SUPPLIER INVOICES section ??

Thanks

Re: Supplier Payment for general expenses.

You have to make a purchase invoice for the supplier and allocate the payment to the supplier. You have directly written off the expense and hence the loose left over payment entry.

Debit: Stationary Expenses Account [Amount :500]
Credit: Supplier - Invoice for Stationery [Amount :500]

Debit: Supplier - Payment made [Amount :500]
Credit : Bank Account [Amount :500]

Dear Apmuthu,

We need to move from SaaSu as they don't support foreign companies (non Australian) anymore, so I am back to FA, within SaaSu i opted a function to enter expenses as purchase orders for the reason that I don't want data entry people can do any journal bookings and select accounts themselves. They accepted this functionality and implemented this successfully.

We could do the same in FA, create a Direct Invoice Entry, create items like Telephone expenses, IT expenses etc and define the Debit and Credit accounts when creating the items, the employees can't make any mistakes and have only access to Purchase Orders, not to GL & Banking.

Problem is, it seems you can't have non-stock items in FA... or am I wrong?

Thanks in advanced

Try Quick Entries.