Topic: System is blocked after source upgrade until database...

Hi

I just downloaded and installed 2.3 on my server. Actually I've tried to install a few times. Each installation is successful, but when I try to do anything on the system, I get a :

"System is blocked after source upgrade until database is updated on System/Software Upgrade page"

Any hints on what to do?

Re: System is blocked after source upgrade until database...

I removed the check in the session.inc file so I could work with the system. I tried to install a theme, but then I got this error: Cannot download repo index file.

Bugs?

I suspect you have tried to upgrade some older FA version. If this is the case you have to follow instructions in update.html file, and use Setup|Software Upgrade option.
Janusz

No, it was a new installation - tried a few times, same result. Never used FA before...

Then you should find why 'version_id' record in your *_sys_prefs table does not contains the same string as $version variable found in version.php. Have you installed any alternative chart of accounts on start?
Janusz

Used standard new company American with demo data, but just tried to remove all fields from database, delete config files, etc. Did a clean install again using standard new company American COA (4digit) - it helped :-) Also with the access to repo...

Thanks for the pointer :-)

This sounds strange. Maybe you have very short max_execution time set in your php.ini, so the original database initialization was timed out during install, and sys_prefs table was not populated?
Janusz

max_execution time is actually set unlimited on this particular server, but I can't say if anything went wrong during install. Main thing is, it seems to work just fine now.

Check your MYSQL server running or not. The same issue  i faced but when i started the MYSQL server then ok.