Topic: Ledger account cannot be deleted

Senior Developers,

I have noticed that an account cannot be deleted even if you remove all transactions linked to it... It still says, THE ACCOUNT CANNOT BE DELETED BECAUSE THERE ARE TRANSACTIONS DONE WITH IT!!!
Yet I have deleted all transactions with that specific account.

The only option i had was to login in the database and delete the record, but what about the end users, they have no access to the database, how will they delete accounts which the do not want anymore????

Re: Ledger account cannot be deleted

Do not delete such ledger accounts as there will be an audit trail and next reference records associated with it besides subsequent account codes thereafter.

But I think that isn't right, so what do you do with accounts you don't want??
Accounts that are not needed in your charts of accounts?
What have noticed even if you disable the account it still appears in the reports.

So, I think users should be allowed to modify their own charts of accounts and delete whatever is not necessary to them!

Since you are creating a new FA installation, make a copy of the sql/en_US-new.sql file and edit it to remove what accounts you do not want and inject new ones taking care to ensure that any references to the old account code in the sys_prefs table is properly accounted for and then use this new sql to create your company.

Opening balances must necessarily be entered as journals from your old balance sheet and / or by credit/debit notes.

So, I think users should be allowed to modify their own charts of accounts and delete whatever is not necessary to them!

Dear you really need to talk to an accountant. No user should be able to have their own chart of accounts. COA is a company wide agreed principle of accounting and users do not have their own.

As @apmuthu said..you as a system admin (with the help of  an accountant) can decide on which accounts you want to
keep or delete/add.
After that these accounts and once they have transactions against them will always show in reports for audit purposes but can be disabled for further input.