Topic: Login Timeout Setting Not Always Followed?

I have the Company Login Timeout timer set as high as possible that I am aware of, but it seems there are times that I have to login here and there without a known reason. The browser has not been restarted, allows cookies, same IP address and this doesn't happen all the time, but I have had times where I have had to login within minutes of each other. Other times I can go for a long time (1-2 hours?) before being prompted.

It happens on both Windows/Firefox and Ubuntu/Firefox.

Is there another reason that would cause me to enter my login so many times?

Thanks.

Re: Login Timeout Setting Not Always Followed?

Check this Wiki page and this post.

Thank you for the reply, apmuthu.

But I believe I found those references prior and they discuss a changing IP address. I do not have a changing IP address. Even though, I commented out the part in session.inc just for a test, but didn't help. Nor did I expect it to, either.

This is just an annoyance. Not being about to import supplier purchasing price/uom in to inventory much bigger issue at the moment.

Thank you.

A possible token in the session keeps getting changed.....

5 (edited by paul 12/18/2019 04:37:38 am)

In case someone else runs into the issue of becoming logged out without requesting it, I edited my php.ini file and changed session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 to a higher value that works better in our environment. I found this line at approximately 3/4 the way down from the beginning. Hope this helps.

Thanks @paul. Wiki-ed.

Thank you @apmuthu