Topic: Sales Type Based On Cost?

I don't seem to find a way to create a sales type based on cost and we have some customers that are on a cost-plus program. Is this possible in FA.2.4.7?

Re: Sales Type Based On Cost?

Will the Retail / Wholesale not do?

That's what I will probably end up using, but Retail / Wholesale seems to be based only on Sales Pricing, not on Standard Costs where I can add a percentage to costs to obtain a cost-plus selling price.

Create an unused "Retail Cost" Sales Type and do not use it for invoicing. Instead, create a "Sales" Sales Type and mark it up as a "cost-plus" selling price and use it for sales invoicing.

Hello,

You will find exactly what you need in Company Setup, Sales Pricing.

Joe

Post's attachments

StdCostPlusMarkup.png 11.7 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-09-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Yes, exactly. I am using this feature.

www.boxygen.pk

7 (edited by paul 09/19/2019 02:07:16 pm)

I think I understand Retail/Wholesale pricing: Right now my items all have a Retail price setup in Sales Pricing as the majority of my customers are retail-type. So if I have the Base for auto price calculations set to Retail, then Sales Types will be working off of the Retail Sales Price set for the item.

The only way I can get cost plus to work is to remove all Sales Pricing for the items. Then, when I place a percentage in the Add Price from Std Cost under Company, I get the desired cost-plus in new sales order screen.

But I need both Retail and cost plus. The retail needs to stay somewhat stable and I will adjust this periodically when cost rise enough to warrant it. I believe my majority retail customers expect this. The selling margin would then change as the cost moves around due to a fixed retail price.

I also have a few customers that will purchase these same items, but we agree to sell these to them at a percentage above cost. This price can fluctuate frequently as the cost changes and these customers realize this. I don't want to maintain the cost-plus selling price separately. If I change the cost, or if the cost changes due to manufacturing and averages, I want the next order placed with a cost-plus customer to reflect the updated cost-plus price.

I have tried using no base pricing, but did not seem to help. Is there a way to have both an established static retail price set in Sales Pricing for an item and also have access to a dynamically set cost-plus price??

Thanks,

Paul