Topic: erorr report

why in report  Inventory Valuation Report  view cost by (-) and error in calculated and report Stock Check Sheets  when open view this msg error

TCPDF error: Error in barcode string

I need to solve it  fast.

Thanks

Re: erorr report

BasrCode by default is EAN/UPC - does the item have a proper barcode-able no?

I just got this error trying to print a stock check sheet, turned out there was a checkbox under company setup called "use bardoes on stocks".  deselecting this option fixed the problem for me.  Not sure if I am missing out on some feature because I don't know how to use it, but at least my report prints...

@bobloblian  - I guess you have FA 2.4.3 or older version, am i right ?

Because in 2.4.4 it works earlier versions, it has the problem with print of barcodes

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

any clue about this?
experiencing now within FA 2.4.7, PHP 7.2
there is no error in tmp/error.log
please help

kvvaradha wrote:

@bobloblian  - I guess you have FA 2.4.3 or older version, am i right ?

Because in 2.4.4 it works earlier versions, it has the problem with print of barcodes

line 8801 file reporting/include/tcpdf.php, need to disabled this
                        if ($arrcode === false) {
                                #$this->Error('Error in barcode string');
                        }

I thought because my items previous using digit above 8 digits, how to fix this error?
190576261483 N NTB Lenovo Ideapad 110-15lbr/BK (Black) N3060 -> after disable above code, it show
19906652 Milesight Camera CCTV MS-C2962-FPBeach -> show barcode

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpiokhi7lj97191/Screenshot%202019-09-10%20at%2013.15.32.png?dl=0

Post's attachments

BarcodeListings.png 48.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

add code for, so when barcode is not in correct format $arrcode === false, it dont process code below
                        } else {

add line 8999 for
                        }

8802,8803c8802,8803
<                               #$this->Error('Error in barcode string');
<                       } else {
---
>                               $this->Error('Error in barcode string');
>                       }
8999d8998
<                       }

What are you trying to do? Just suppress all barcode errors or have it display errors when there is no error?

With this, report still open and print barcode for items with correct digit number, others will enough print empty barcode?

If you do not want to display the error then just comment out the entire if construct. If you do it the way you stated, then the error string will print for valid barcodes only!

Morning Ichtus,

Just started using FA again, I've run into the same error not knowing what the issue is, I use 13 digit product codes as I thought FA supports EAN-13 but does this  FA only print EAN-8 barcodes? As I have thousands of onetime used item codes per project I thought about integrating the order number in front of the item code.

Regards
Hendrikus

ichtus wrote:

line 8801 file reporting/include/tcpdf.php, need to disabled this
                        }

I thought because my items previous using digit above 8 digits, how to fix this error?
190576261483 N NTB Lenovo Ideapad 110-15lbr/BK (Black) N3060 -> after disable above code, it show
19906652 Milesight Camera CCTV MS-C2962-FPBeach -> show barcode

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpiokhi7lj97191/Screenshot%202019-09-10%20at%2013.15.32.png?dl=0

Using barcode reader to get the stock codes into FA does not require any integration in FA since a barcode reader is just a keystroke pump into the keyboard buffer.

The real need is to generate a new barcode report to accomodate your 13 digit barcodes.

Experiencing today in rep303.php line 326 when choosing Excel as a destination.
(options is to disable code in printing barcode in rep303.php)
reason behind to have the barcode on is just before to create a unique code without manually entering.
but causing some glitches, as code only accepts 8 digits only, interference with old items code

Lines 323 to 330 in reporting/rep303.php:

if ($barcodes && barcode_check($trans['stock_id']))
            {
                $adjust = true;
                $bar_y = $rep->GetY();
                $barcode = str_pad($trans['stock_id'], 7, '0', STR_PAD_LEFT);
                $barcode = substr($barcode, 0, 8); // EAN 8 Check digit is auto computed and barcode printed
                $rep->write1DBarcode($barcode, 'EAN8', $rep->cols[$firstcol++], $bar_y + 22, 22, $SysPrefs->pic_height, 1.2, $style, 'N');
            }    

@joe: We need to put in BarCode type as a per company variable in the sysprefs table and have a table that looks up the size and checkdigit details preferably from the tcpdf file. Also, the stock_id field can be increased to be greater than the size of all known barcode types.

Hello Guys,

Operating on the TCPDF file is a complex task, even for this maybe outdated release.
I am not sure I am the best man to do this. Anyone keen on this task?
We can operate on our new 2.5 release. We are just waiting for Janusz to release a rewrite of the Stock routines before we can start serious development.

/Joe

@joe, @barbarian has already done some work available in github for upgrading reporting folder with latest TCPDF. You can check that

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=8216

www.boxygen.pk