Topic: Changing Inventory Adjustment Account

I just added a new GL account for Inventory Adjustments. I then went into Setup -> System and General GL Setup and changed Items Defaults, Inventory Adjustments Account to my new account. I logout, login again and go to Items and Inventory, Item Adjustments Note and make a change. But the change is still recorded to the default account: Purchase price Variance.

Why did my change not affect an inventory adjustment reporting?

Thanks.

2 (edited by rafat 09/09/2019 10:27:54 am)

Re: Changing Inventory Adjustment Account

You also need to change the Item Adjustment Account in Maintenance-> Items.

One thing I noticed that seems to me as a bug is the changes in Item Defaults in System and General GL setup are not reflected in
Items and Inventory->Maintenance -> Items... as defaults.

Unless there is an explanation for this behavior.

Ahh, thanks. I see Item Categories also holds this info, too. Thank you.

It also appears that when changing an items Item Adjustment Account in Maintenance-> Items, that only stock_master table is updated with the account number and not any other table. Is this observation accurate?

That is correct. Were you expecting it to update previous transactions?

Thanks for the confirmation. No - I'm only testing, but I wanted to make sure of the changes made in the database. It was easier for me to change all the item's adjustment_account column value via phpmyadmin instead of pulling up each item in FA and making the changes. At first I wasn't sure if another table was involved with relative info.

The way I check to be sure on those things is I make a database backup, change something, make another backup, and diff the two backups to be sure there is nothing I missed.

In this case, you're not generating transactions that have all sorts of side effects, like stock-moves, GL entries, etc.

Great idea. I'll have to keep that tip in mind. The way I attempted to check was to turn on FA's logging to screen and looked for the update lines - I thought I may have missed one or more the way I did it.