Topic: Invoicing: how to select "charge to" - not branch?

(Ref FA 2.4.6) We have customers with multiple shops as delivery addresses. The customer's company is the one which needs to be invoiced to, independent to which branch delivered. But FA does always print on the invoices the branch name (which is different to the company name) and address. When I go to "view invoice" is does state the correct "charge to" company, but this information is not used when printing the invoice?
How can I force to get on an invoice with the main customer company name as "charge to"?

Re: Invoicing: how to select "charge to" - not branch?

Change the billing address in the branch.

If I understand what you're asking, you're wanting the company's billing address on the invoice regardless of which branch is selected?
As far as I can tell, you would need to change the invoice header format. The name and address that is pulled into the invoice data record in debtor_trans is from the selected branch. Maybe that could be an option in the future, to always bill to the customer address, but without a code change, I'm pretty sure the header format is your only option. You might have to call a function to get the customer address based on the debtor_no in the invoice, but it could be done.

I spoke too soon on my previous answer. It appears, in FA 2.4.7, if you leave the branch billing address blank, the invoice will use the customer billing address on the invoice.
The only thing I don't see how to change is the branch name still appears above the customer billing address, but if the branch name is the same as the company name that may not be a problem.

Thanks for the given hints. I have chosen to change the code in doctext.inc. Forcing $Addr1 always only to use the debtor name and address. In that way I still can use a proper branch name, which I need for the delivery address to be correct.