Topic: Customer Balances

On the report Customer balances, the receipts are not being subtracted from the invoices thus there is never a 0 balance or remaining balance.

2 (edited by itronics 03/20/2008 11:45:14 am)

Re: Customer Balances

Receipts are calculated in balances after allocation. So if all amount on sales invoice or receipt is allocated respective Outstanding column on Customer Balances Report states zero. This not apply for older buggy records on demo site, where amounts for receipt /customer credits where entered with bad sign.

Anyway the report needs corrections as deliveries should not be counted into balances - corrected.

Thanks a lot for testing effort.

Hello,

In our "Customer Balances" report, the "Charges" column is always a few cents ($0.50, $0.40, $0.65) less than the actual amount invoiced. When the invoice is paid in full, the "Outstanding" column then shows a negative amount (-0.50 etc) and therefore the "Total Outstanding" shows the wrong amount.

We are using two currencies and this only seems to happen with "Customer Balances" reports for customers paying in our "home" currency.

We are using version 2.1.1.

I see version 2.1.5 is available but I haven't read that this is fixed in the news releases. If a later version fixes this please let me know and we'll upgrade.

If you'd like me to explain further or if anything is uncear, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

The only thing that has been changed is that the currency presentation when paying in a foreign currency but not in the customers/suppliers currency. This has been readonly.
I remember these errors a long time ago, but haven't heard of these problems lately. The exchange rates are stored on the records without any roundings, so it should be presented correctly. Maybe there still are some minor rounding errors, but I haven't heard about that until now.

/Joe

I've done some tests and I think I see why this is happening.

We charge taxes on the total including shipping. On the invoices it shows correctly that taxes are calculated after shipping. It seems that in the "Customer Balances" report, the "Charges" field does not add the tax on the shipping to the total amount. This amount is missing which is why the charges column is less than the invoice total when there is a shipping charge.

Maybe I can fix this somewhere in the settings, or maybe it's a bug?

I guess you are right. The CVS main trunk has been updated at Sourceforge. Affected file: /reporting/rep101.php revision 1.8

/Joe

Many thanks for the fix. Looks like it works perfectly now.