Topic: Journal entries always have a blank Person/Item

Does anyone know why the journal entries always have a blank Person/Item? 

Is there a way that it could be populated with some pertinent information?

I just noticed this after experimenting with using journal entries with quick entries to replace common bank transfers.

[url=https://vgruk.com/]buy here[/url]

Re: Journal entries always have a blank Person/Item

It can be used. If you record the customer payment. Supplier payouts or inventory adjustment. It will be used. When you see in journal entry form. You can see country party if you select "Accounts Receivable".
It can be used.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@Braath Waate
Can you please take a look at this. You know the problem very well.
Thanks

Unless the CounterParty is a customer or a supplier ..it will never show

Can you suggest what kind of pertinent info you would like to see in the person/item field?  A normal bank transfer uses a Miscellaneous name in the format From Acct To Acct.   I suspect that is what you might want.

However, as pointed out by @rafat and @kvvaradha, if the G/L account is listed in a supplier as an accounts payable account or in a customer as an accounts receivable account, a counterparty (person) will be added to the g/j line.

So to have the same kind of person/item as a normal bank transfer, the code would have to scan the accounts used and if they were bank accounts, set the person name.    It would have to assume that credits would set the From and debits would set the To.  It would have to handle the case when more than two accounts were in the g/j and if there were a mix of bank accounts and non-bank accounts. 

Another possibility is to use the Quick Entry name if no other name was specified.   This would be more generic because it would not be limited to bank accounts.    It would be simpler to code, but still non-trivial, because the QE name would have to be added to the cart.   Editing is an issue, because the QE name could be lost, because it would exist only in individual items, which could be lost if the accounts are changed.

A final thought is to create a Bank Transfer Quick Entry type, rather than using G/J.   This would require a code change to the Bank Transfer page to support quick entries.  This seems to make the most sense.

Wow!   Thank all of you for such good replies so quickly!  I can clearly see that I do not even begin to understand all of the insides of this accounting program. 

@Braath Waate really hit the nail on the head with his final thought. 

Braath Waate wrote:

... create a Bank Transfer Quick Entry type, rather than using G/J.   This would require a code change to the Bank Transfer page to support quick entries.  This seems to make the most sense.

That is what I think I was looking for because all I wanted to do was streamline a few of the common bank transfers to be more consistent in the memo field wording for the different transfers.  Also, by naming the quick entries descriptively,  my office helpers will choose the correct transfers and the memo notes will be the same no matter who does the entry.

Thank all of you again for such quick and helpful responses.  But now I wonder if someone could help me make the change to enable quick entries in the Bank Transfer form?

[url=https://vgruk.com/]buy here[/url]