Topic: How can i update my Arabic Language

hey,

can you please help me how can i update my arabic language because some of words are not translated so i want to translate it manually,

i have updated my .PO file and that updated file convert into .MO file,
afterwards i have replaced both files in root /lang/ar_EG/LC_MESSAGES/

but after refreshing or clear cache the code will not work and doest not translate the words

for example i have paste one code here

#: Current Assets
msgid "Current Assets"
msgstr "الاصو "

can you please guide me how can i do it.

let me know
regards

Re: How can i update my Arabic Language

Restart Apache to get working new translation

Phuong

There is no "Current Assets" (Google Translated الأصول الحالية) string in the official language template empty.po.

yes,
the arabic word is missed by pasting,

apmuthu, you mean to say i need to update the empty.po file?

The only Arabic translation in FA for now is the Egyptian version - ar_EG.

Unless the original string is in the empty.po, it is not referred to in the FA codebase.
empty.po should not be ordinarily edited.
A copy of the empty.po is taken and translated for each language.
If you are making a new module, then keep the language files for it in it's codebase and not in the FA core.

6 (edited by emiangel839 03/23/2019 04:58:39 pm)

yes, i am already using that version but i have made some changes in that file .po and .mo, it would not effective or nothing changed?

furthermore, i have upload 'add manual language' in which i have made some changes but this change is not showing on me expect right to left.

how can i update some words in ar_EG file?

and also see the screenshoot which words i want to translate link is

https://imgur.com/OUNFdmK

Regards

Making translation changes to the .po file and then compiling the official FA strings into a .mo file and replacing them in the FA language folder will make the changes visible possibly after a restart of the webserver.

Have a look at the compiled versions in the FA24extensions repo for ar_EG.

Post's attachments

Arabic_Strings_in_po_mo.png 126.2 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Yes, I am using the latest version which was found from your repo, version 2.4.3-1

Furthermore, see the screenshot which I want to translate link is

https://imgur.com/OUNFdmK

Better is I want to update the files ar_EG-2.4.3-1.po and then this file is converted into ar_EG-2.4.3-1.mo and changes do not take effect and no changes occur.

Post's attachments

Arabic_Translation_woes.png 12.1 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

All strings in your screenshot are already there in the po file and hence in the mo file. The official repo provides ar_EG v2.4.1-3 but my repo provides ar_EG v2.4.3-1. This will need to be changed in the lang/installed_languages.inc file as well if manually updated.

See attachment for all strings properly translated.

The ar_EG language is part of the Transifex translations from where one can take the latest translations.

Post's attachments

FA_Arabic.png 31.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Hey, Thanks for reply,

I have already changed the version as you said above but after this following words mention in above my attached image is not translated and i know these words already exist in the .po file.

Now let me kown anyother way to resolve this issue?

Regards

Try hard refresh for few times. While refreshing if you see those words are translated and after next refresh it disappears. You should recompile the Mo file again before that validate the po file for errors . If you see errors or warnings. Just fix them and translate it.

Even after several Refresh, you didn't see the translation then the problem is in the FA gettext function . _("Inventory")

Sometimes those words in po file may be commented like # infront of the msgstr or msgid. Check them carefully.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Thank for reply to me KVVARADHA,

well, i have not seen any translation effect after hard refresh and convert into again english. its still exist in english.
and furthermore, there is not any # comment in the string its properly in msgstr or msgid

so can you tell me now what can i do for this issue? any other way?

regards

Hello @emiangel839 I just finished updating my arabic language using following steps. You also try them

1. Download POEdit
2. Add your Msg Strings like one below in PO file

msgid "Cost Centers"
msgstr "مراكز التكلفة"

3. Open PO file using this application
4. Validate your PO file
5. Compile PO file in MO file
6. Upload both files to the cloud server
7. Restart your Web Server (Apache).
8. Logout and then Login FA.

Note: If you are using a shared hosting then you won't be able to restart apache.

www.boxygen.pk